IRVINE, Calif. (August 1, 2017) – Mazda North American Operations (MNAO) today reported July U.S. sales of 27,089 vehicles, representing a decrease of 3 percent versus July of last year. Year-to-date (YTD) sales through July are down 2.6 percent versus last year, with 168,713 vehicles sold.
With 25 selling days in July 2017, versus 26 the year prior, the company posted an increase of 0.9 percent on a Daily Selling Rate (DSR) basis.
In July, Mazda became the only full-line automaker to have every 2017 model year vehicle tested by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) be rated a “Top Safety Pick+,” when equipped with optional front crash-prevention and specific headlights.
Key July sales notes:
- Achieving its fourth record-breaking sales month in a row, the Mazda CX-5 posted sales of 11,402 vehicles in the month of July. This number represents a YOY increase of 5.3 percent and is the best-ever July since the compact crossover SUV first went on sale in 2012.
- Sales of the Mazda MX-5 Miata remained strong in the month of July, with the roadster posting a year-over-year (YOY) increase of 13.2 percent. Total sales, which includes both the MX-5 soft top and MX-5 RF, reached 997 vehicles sold in the month of July.
- The three-row Mazda CX-9 finished the month up 3.3 percent YOY, with 2,318 vehicles sold.
- As crossover SUVs continue to dominate the market, sales of Mazda’s CX-line remain strong, with the CX-3, CX-5 and CX-9 collectively reaching 15,201 vehicles sold in the month of July. This number represents an increase of 4.3 percent YOY, and a YTD increase of 15.9 percent.
- The i-ACTIV All-Wheel Drive option continues to be a favorite among Mazda CX-line buyers, with 62.9 percent of customers choosing the AWD option in the month of July.
Mazda Motor de Mexico (MMdM) reported July sales of 4,476 vehicles, up 8.8 percent versus July of last year.
Mazda North American Operations is headquartered in Irvine, California, and oversees the sales, marketing, parts and customer service support of Mazda vehicles in the United States and Mexico through nearly 600 dealers. Operations in Mexico are managed by Mazda Motor de Mexico in Mexico City. For more information on Mazda vehicles, including photography and B-roll, please visit the online Mazda media center at InsideMazda.MazdaUSA.com/Newsroom.
# # #