Mazda North American Operations reported October U.S. sales of 25,451 vehicles, representing an increase of 35.4 percent versus last year. Year-to-date (YTD), Mazda has sold 267,158 vehicles.
Key October sales notes:
- Mazda CX-5 had its best October ever with 9,264 vehicles sold. YOY sales up 54.6 percent (5,991 vehicles sold in October 2014).
- Mazda’s all-new CX-3 sold 1,382 vehicles. This is CX-3’s second full month of sales.
- Mazda CX-9 had its best October sales since 2011 with 1,484 vehicles sold, representing an increase of 19.6 percent YOY (1,241 CX-9s were sold in October 2014).
- Continued sales success of the all-new 2016 MX-5 resulted in the best October since 2005 with 1,085 vehicles sold, an increase of 276.7 percent YOY.
- Mazda3 had its best October since 2012 with 8,342 vehicles sold, an increase of 15.1 percent YOY.
- Mazda6 had its best October sales since 2008 with 3,563 vehicles sold. YOY increase is 13.1 percent.
- As the company’s sixth-generation of vehicle sales grow so does SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY. Mazda’s no-compromise solution to driving performance and fuel efficiency has proven to be an affordable and beneficial solution for consumers. In October 2015, 91.5 percent of Mazdas sold were equipped with SKYACTIV TECHNOLOGY.
- Mazda reported Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) October sales of 3,123 vehicles, down 11.0 percent YOY.
Mazda Motor de Mexico (MMdM) reported October sales of 4,698 vehicles, up 25.0 percent versus last year, making it the best October in MMdM history and the 33rd consecutive month of YOY growth. Year-to-date sales for MMdM are up 40.0 percent with 44,133 vehicles sold.
Mazda North American Operations is headquartered in Irvine, Calif., and oversees the sales, marketing, parts and customer service support of Mazda vehicles in the United States and Mexico through nearly 700 dealers. Operations in Mexico are managed by Mazda Motor de Mexico in Mexico City. For more information on Mazda vehicles, including photography and B-roll, please visit the online Mazda media center at www.mazdausamedia.com
|October 2015||October 2014||% Change||% MTD DSR||October 2015||October 2014||%Change||% YTD DSR|
SOURCE Mazda North American Operations