IRVINE, Calif. (March 5, 2021) – Mazda North American Operations (MNAO today announced changes to its leadership team. After successfully navigating the challenges of 2020, these updates will reinforce Mazda’s service to dealer partners and customers. Effective April 1, changes will include:
- Ryuichi Umeshita, currently Executive Officer of Brand Enhancement, Global Marketing, Sales and Customer Service, has been appointed Executive Vice President & Assistant to the President. In this role, Umeshita will report to Jeff Guyton, President of MNAO, and oversee U.S. Operations. Reporting to him will be Tom Donnelly, Senior Vice President of Retail Operations, and Masaki Otsuka, Senior Vice President of the Alabama Business Unit.
- Tom Donnelly will have expanded responsibilities, including the oversight of Regional Operations, Aftersales, the Technical Service Department, Vehicle Sales Planning, Vehicle Distribution and Network Development. Senior leaders reporting to Donnelly include:
- Brian Nash, currently Managing Director Eastern U.S., has been appointed Vice President Regional Operations, where he will be responsible for leading all regional teams.
- Rob Milne, currently Senior Director of Supply Chain Management and Technical Services, has been appointed Vice President of Aftersales & Technical Service Department. In this role, Rob will oversee parts operations, technical services, re-manufacturing, the Takata Action Team, along with the aftersales team.
- Yoji Nukina will remain Vice President, Vehicle Sales Planning and will now also lead vehicle distribution.
- Tim Manning, currently Vice President of Network Development, has been appointed Vice President of Strategic Planning. In this role, Manning will report to Guyton and oversee strategy development for our mid-term business plan.
“We have ambitious goals ahead as we enhance our dealer network and increase our product offering,” said Guyton. “With these structural changes at the executive level I believe we are setting the stage for great success. These moves also open up a number of development opportunities for our talented team of professionals across the U.S.”
Mazda North American Operations is headquartered in Irvine, California, and oversees the sales, marketing, parts and customer service support of Mazda vehicles in the United States and Mexico through approximately 620 dealers. Operations in Mexico are managed by Mazda Motor de Mexico in Mexico City. For more information on Mazda vehicles, including photography and B-roll, please visit the online Mazda media center at InsideMazda.MazdaUSA.com/Newsroom.
Mary Katherine Lim, Mazda North American Operations, 949-727-6700
Emily Taylor, Mazda North American Operations, 949-727-6182