- Apr 20, 20182018 Mazda MX-5 Miata and 2018 Mazda CX-5 Earn Top Honors in New York Daily News' Annual 2018 DNA Awards
The 2019 Mazda CX-5 compact crossover SUV and MX-5 Miata sports car earned top honors in the New York Daily News’ 2018 Daily News Autos (DNA) Awards, as chosen by its editors.
- Apr 3, 2018Mazda CX-5 Posts Best-Ever Sales Month
Mazda North American Operations (MNAO) today reported total March U.S. sales of 33,302 vehicles, representing an increase of 35.7 percent versus March of last year. Year-to-date (YTD) sales through March are up 21.6 percent versus last year, with 83,995 vehicles sold.
- Mar 22, 2018
Mazda North American Operations (MNAO) today announced the addition of Emily Taylor to its marketing team as director, communications and experiential marketing.
- Mar 16, 2018Mazda, ELIIY Power & Ube Industries Agree to Jointly Develop 12-Volt Lithium-ion Starter Batteries for VehiclesDeveloping Safe, Durable Lithium-ion Batteries to Replace Lead-Acid Batteries
Mazda Motor Corporation, ELIIY Power Co., Ltd. and Ube Industries, Ltd. have agreed to jointly develop lithium-ion batteries for use in automobiles.
- Mar 8, 2018
Mazda Motor Corporation and Toyota Motor Corporation have established their new joint-venture company “Mazda Toyota Manufacturing, U.S.A., Inc.” (MTMUS) that will produce vehicles in Huntsville, Alabama starting in 2021.
- Feb 23, 2018
For the third year in a row, Mazda has been awarded the “Best Car Brand” award by U.S. News & World Report. Mazda’s lineup was praised for offering engaging driving dynamics, accommodating seats, attractive cabin designs, and user-friendly technology.
- Feb 13, 2018Features and styling help 2018 Mazda CX-5 and Mazda3 win top honors in compact crossover SUV and compact categories, respectively
The 2018 Mazda CX-5 compact crossover SUV and the 2018 Mazda3compact sedan have both been recognized for Good Housekeeping magazine’s 2018 Best New Car Awards.
- Feb 6, 2018
We apologize for any concern the falsification of data disclosed by Kobe Steel has caused our customers.
- Feb 1, 2018Mazda CX-5 Posts 10th Consecutive Record Sales Month
Mazda North American Operations (MNAO) today reported total January U.S. sales of 24,962 vehicles, representing an increase of 15.0 percent versus January of last year.
- Jan 31, 2018
Mazda Motor Corporation has announced that the Mazda Vision Coupe was named the “Most Beautiful Concept Car of the Year” on January 30 (local time), at the 33rd Festival Automobile International held in Paris, France.
- Jan 21, 20182018 Mazda CX-5 and CX-9 crossover SUVs overtake stiff competition in Best Compact SUV and Best Mid-Size SUV categories, respectively
The 2018 Mazda CX-5 compact crossover SUV and 2018 Mazda CX-9three-row crossover SUV have been awarded as two of Car and Driver magazine’s 10Best Trucks and SUVs for 2018. This represents a repeat performance for Mazda CX-9 as the Best Mid-Size SUV and Mazda CX-5’s first time winning the Best Compact SUV category.
- Jan 17, 2018Mazda Leads Manufacturer Adjusted Fuel Economy in US Environmental Protection Agency Report for Fifth Consecutive Year
Mazda Motor Corporation has announced that the Light Duty Fuel Economy Trends Report, released by the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) on Jan. 12, 2018, lists the company as having the highest overall Manufacturer Adjusted Fuel Economy for the 2016 model year. Mazda receives the first-place ranking for the fifth year in a row.
- Jan 12, 20182018 Mazda CX-5 and CX-9 Crossover SUVs Overtake Stiff Competition in Best Compact SUV and Best Mid-Size SUV Categories, Respectively
The 2018 Mazda CX-5 compact crossover SUV and 2018 Mazda CX-9 three-row crossover SUV have been awarded as two of Car and Driver magazine’s 10Best Trucks and SUVs for 2018.
- Jan 10, 2018
Mazda will be hosting a livestream of a press conference scheduled for 3 pm EST/12 pm PST today, regarding the new U.S. joint manufacturing plant with Toyota.
- Jan 10, 2018Investment to reach $1.6 billion for facility that will employ up to 4,000, open in 2021
Alabama Governor Kay Ivey and Huntsville Mayor Tommy Battle joined Mazda (MZDAF) and Toyota (NYSE: TM) leaders today to announce the automakers have selected Huntsville, Alabama as the site of their new joint-venture manufacturing plant.
- Jan 8, 2018Newly created position will focus on incorporating a customer-centric approach to every facet of Mazda’s business
Mazda North American Operations (MNAO) today announced the promotion of Jim Lievois, 60, to the newly created role of Executive Vice President (EVP). He also will continue to serve in his current role as Chief Financial Officer (CFO) while overseeing Finance, Administration and IT. Based at the company’s Irvine, California Headquarters office, Lievois will continue to report to MNAO president and CEO, Masahiro Moro.
- Jan 3, 2018Crossover Volume and A Strategy for the Future Mark the Year
Mazda North American Operations (MNAO) today reported December U.S. sales of 26,893 vehicles, representing a decrease of 6.5 percent versus December of last year. There were 26 selling days in December 2017, versus 27 the year prior. As such, on a Daily Selling Rate (DSR) basis, the company posted a decrease of 2.9 percent.
- Dec 1, 2017Crossover SUV Sales Up as Mazda CX-5 Posts Record November Sales
Mazda North American Operations (MNAO) today reported total November U.S. sales of 21,469 vehicles, representing a decrease of 2.6 percent versus November of last year.
- Nov 28, 2017Mazda will Donate $5 Million and Pledge 50,000 Hours of Volunteer Time in 2018
Building on four years of donations and over 30 years’ worth of volunteer hours completed, Mazda North American Operations (MNAO) today announced they will recommit to their annual charity program, Mazda Drive for Good®, in 2018.
- Nov 20, 2017Long-Serving Vice President of Public Relations Passes Away
Mazda North American Operations (MNAO) mourns the passing of Jay Amestoy, the company’s long-serving Vice President of Public and Government Relations.
- Nov 1, 2017Record-Breaking Sales Momentum Continues for Mazda CX-5 Crossover SUV
Mazda North American Operations (MNAO) today reported total October U.S. sales of 20,811 vehicles, representing a decrease of 8.4 percent versus October of last year.
- Oct 24, 2017
Featuring Spark-Controlled Compression Ignition, a never-before-seen combustion method, Mazda’s SKYACTIV-X engine represents the second step in Mazda’s quest to develop a gasoline engine with the ideal internal combustion mechanism.
- Oct 16, 2017Part of efforts to meet increasing global demand for crossovers
Mazda Motor Corporation today started production of the new Mazda CX-5 crossover at its Hofu Plant No. 2 in Yamaguchi Prefecture to enable the company to meet the growing global demand for crossovers flexibly and rapidly.
- Oct 3, 2017Mazda CX-5 Crossover SUV Posts Best-Ever Sales Month
Mazda North American Operations (MNAO) today reported total September U.S. sales of 25,738 vehicles, representing an increase of 3.4 percent versus September of last year.
- Sep 15, 2017
Mazda Motor Corporation has been newly selected to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI)*1 “World Index” and “Asia Pacific Index”*2, one of the global ESG (Environment, Social, Governance) indexes*3.