- Feb 3, 2016BFGoodrich®Tires, and RAYS Join Battery Tender for 2016 MX-5 Cup
Mazda announced two key partners for the 2016 MX-5 Cup – BFGoodrich Tires, and RAYS wheels, will be joining Battery Tender for the 2016 racing season.
- Jan 8, 2016Engine will make its race debut at the Rolex 24 at Daytona
The MZ-2.0T earned its name from its configuration: “MZ” refers to Mazda, “2.0” references its 2-liter capacity, while “T” is a nod to the turbocharger.
- Dec 12, 2015Mazda Utilizes 25-Hour Race as the Ultimate Final Test for 2016 Global MX-5 Cup Car
Mazda chose to debut four of the new 2016 Global MX-5 Cup cars in the always-brutal NASA 25 Hours of Thunderhill race, equal to 33 1/3 45-minute Battery Tender MX-5 Cup races, far in excess of a normal race season.
- Dec 1, 2015Mazda Dealers and Factory Guys Racing Together at 2015 25 Hours of Thunderhill
Two years ago, MNAO threw down the gauntlet, pitting Mazda employees against Mazda dealers in the longest endurance race in America, the National Auto Sport Association’s (NASA) 25 Hours of Thunderhill.
- Nov 24, 2015
The five-race major event season in 2015 at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca contributed $62.1 million to the Monterey County economy through direct trip spending of non-County visitors and produced $5.2 million in state and local taxes, according to a research study commissioned by the Sports Car Racing Association of the Monterey Peninsula (SCRAMP) and completed by California State University Monterey Bay.
- Oct 20, 2015Nine Racers Seeking $100,000 Mazda Scholarship for 2016 MX-5 Cup
Finalists have been announced for the 2015 Mazda Road to 24 Shootout. This is the single-largest prize in grassroots motorsports.
- Oct 20, 2015
Finalists have been announced for the 2015 Mazda Road to 24 Shootout. This is the single-largest prize in grassroots motorsports. Launched in 2006 as the Mazda Club Racer shootout, the Mazda Road to 24 Shootout has annually promoted one talented club racer into the professional ranks.
- Oct 13, 201523 Racers Seeking $100,000 Mazda Scholarship for 2016 MX-5 Cup
The Mazda Road to 24 Shootout is the single largest prize in grassroots motorsports. Launched in 2006 as the Club Racer shootout, the Mazda Road to 24 Shootout has annually promoted one talented club racer into the professional ranks.
- Oct 1, 2015Initial Orders Being Accepted for the $53,000 Ready-to-Race 2016 MX-5 Miata
The Mazda MX-5 Miata is the most road-raced production car in the world. The reason is simple – great performance at an affordable price. The new Global Mazda MX-5 Cup race car follows that formula, and will be Mazda Motorsports’ first-ever ready-to-race MX-5 Miata.
- Sep 27, 2015
Mazda Motorsports led the way at the 2015 SCCA National Championship Runoffs Presented by Garmin VIRB. With 144 entries, Mazda topped the entry charts.