- Jan 20, 2017Aiming for the Title in the IMSA Continental Tire SportsCar Challenge
Freedom Autosport will carry the Mazda banner for the 2017 season in the IMSA Continental Tire SportsCar Challenge series.
- Jan 11, 20172016 Club Racer Payouts From Mazda Motorsports Topped $1,000,000
Mazda Motorsports has earned the reputation for the most supportive company in grassroots road racing. Part of that reputation was earned by Mazda paying for performance, namely cash payout to club racers across the country.
- Jan 6, 2017Soul Red and Machine Gray Are Prominent Colors for Mazda Brand
The Mazda Prototype team has unveiled the official liveries that the two Mazda RT24-P cars will carry in the 2017 IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship.
- Jan 4, 2017
The two-car Mazda Prototype team has confirmed the driver lineup that will compete in the top category of the 2017 IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship.
- Dec 30, 2016Open-wheel Champions from Around the World will Compete for $200,000 Scholarship
Since 2007, Mazda Motorsports has provided nearly $15 million in driver development scholarships, ranging from the grassroots level of sports car racing to the top category of open-wheel racing in North America. Now, the first Mazda Road to Indy $200,000 Scholarship Shootout elevates the program on a global scale.
- Dec 9, 2016Mazda Teams Up with SCCA Enterprises for Enhanced Support
Mazda Motorsports and SCCA Enterprises jointly announced at the annual Performance Racing Industry (PRI) trade show that the two organizations will work together to increase entries, contingencies and future opportunities for racers in Formula Enterprises (FE) cars.
- Nov 30, 2016Mazda Dealers Return to Annual Endurance Challenge
While it would be easy to assume that anyone in the car business is a car enthusiast, it’s not necessarily true. But at Mazda, even the company’s dealer partners live the “Driving Matters” lifestyle, with many of them participating in both amateur and professional racing activities in their spare time.
- Nov 18, 2016California Racer Scores $100,000 Scholarship for 2017 Battery Tender Mazda MX-5 Cup
After two days of intense competition at NOLA Motorsports Park in Avondale, Louisiana, Matt Cresci from Los Gatos, California won the 2016 Mazda Road to 24 Shootout. The $100,000 scholarship that came with the victory is the largest prize in grassroots motorsports. Launched in 2006, the Mazda Road to 24 Shootout has promoted ten talented grassroots racers into the professional ranks.
- Nov 16, 2016The Mazda RT24-P Will Race in the IMSA Weathertech Sportscar Championship
The new Mazda RT24-P race car was unveiled today at the Los Angeles Auto Show, ushering a new era in the prominent history of Mazda Motorsports’ flagship endeavors in North America. The new car will compete under Daytona Prototype international (DPi) rules in the Prototype class, the top level of the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship. After significant on-track testing, it will make its racing debut at the 2017 Rolex 24 at Daytona in late January.
- Nov 10, 2016Mazda Taps Motorsports Experts to Help Select $100,000 Scholarship Winner
Mazda has confirmed the judges for the 11th annual Mazda Road to 24 Shootout. This post-season shootout will award a $100,000 Mazda Motorsports scholarship to compete in the 2017 Battery Tender Mazda Global MX-5 Cup presented by BFGoodrich Tires.
- Nov 3, 2016One Talented Racer Will Earn a $100,000 Scholarship for the 2017 Battery Tender Mazda Global MX-5 Cup Presented by BFGoodrich Tires
Mazda has confirmed the eight finalists for the 11th annual Mazda Road to 24 Shootout. This post-season shootout will award a $100,000 Mazda Motorsports scholarship to compete in the 2017 Battery Tender Mazda Global MX-5 Cup presented by BFGoodrich Tires. The 2016 Shootout will take place November 15-16, 2016 at the NOLA Motorsports Park, in Avondale, Louisiana.
- Oct 31, 2016
Mazda North American Operations (MNAO) is no stranger to the Specialty Equipment Marketing Association (SEMA) Show in Las Vegas, Nevada, providing its designers the opportunity to let their imaginations run wild to create some truly stunning dream cars.
- Oct 28, 20162017 Battery Tender Mazda Global MX-5 Cup Presented by BFGoodrich Tires Schedule to Include Four Indycar Weekends
Mazda Motorsports and Andersen Promotions announced today that the parties have reached an agreement for INDYCAR to sanction the Mazda MX-5 Cup series beginning with the 2017 season.
- Oct 25, 2016Concepts Borrow from Global MX-5 Cup Race Cars with Track-tested Performance Along with Premium Craftsmanship
Always mixing performance and polish, Mazda North American Operations (MNAO) is offering a glimpse of its 2016 Specialty Equipment Marketing Association (SEMA) concept cars ahead of their formal debut.
- Oct 17, 2016Mazda Racers Score Six More Club Racing Championships
The final preliminary invitation to the 2016 Mazda Road to 24 Shootout, the NASA Western States Championships presented by Toyo Tires, concluded yesterday with another six championships earned by Mazda racers.
- Oct 9, 2016Mazda Tops Both TC and TCA Championships in Pirelli World Challenge
The final professional sports car race-weekend of 2016, the Pirelli World Challenge season finale at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca, added to the season’s Mazda race win and championship count.
- Oct 6, 2016Multiple Touring Car Championships on the Line at Mazda Raceway
It is fitting that the final professional sports car race-weekend of 2016, the Pirelli World Challenge season finale, will take place at iconic Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca.
- Oct 2, 2016Both Mazdas Lead Petit le Mans Race Before Trouble Strikes
The Petit Le Mans at Road Atlanta was the season-ending 10-hour endurance race for the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship.
- Sep 29, 2016Nathaniel Sparks Wins 2016 Battery Tender Global Mazda MX-5 Cup Presented By BF Goodrich Tires And $200,000 MRT 24 ScholarshipJOHN DEAN II AND ARA MALKHASSIAN SCORE THE ROAD ATLANTA RACE WINS. MARK DRENNAN NAMED ROOKIE-OF-THE-YEAR
The 2016 Battery Tender Global Mazda MX-5 Cup presented by BFGoodrich Tires today wrapped up its inaugural season of competition with the new-generation 2016 Mazda MX-5 racecar.
- Sep 27, 2016Battery Tender Global Mazda MX-5 Cup Presented by BFGoodrich Tires Season Finale at Road Atlanta this Thursday, September 29
Nathanial “Sparky” Sparks, a native of Spanish Fork, Alabama (No. 8 Sick Sideways), leads a pack of four in the hunt for the $200,000 Mazda Road to 24 scholarship prize in the Battery Tender Global Mazda MX-5 Cup presented by BFGoodrich Tires.
- Sep 26, 2016TWO-CAR MAZDA PROTOTYPE TEAM AIMS TO END AN ERA ON TOP
The 2016 IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship will come to a conclusion Saturday with the running of the 10-hour Petit Le Mans presented by Harrah’s Cherokee Casino Resort. The Mazda Prototype team will try to continue a qualifying hot streak and strive for their first endurance victory.
- Sep 25, 2016Mazda Racers Score 10 Wins at SCCA and NASA Championships
With two of the biggest club racing events in the country taking place simultaneously, it was a divide and conquer effort for the Mazda Motorsports team.
- Sep 23, 2016Stevan McAleer and Chad McCumbee Go for a Second Consecutive IMSA Title
Next Friday afternoon at Road Atlanta, co-drivers Chad McCumbee and Stevan McAleer will be striving to earn a second straight championship in the Street Tuner (ST) class of the IMSA Continental Tire SportsCar Challenge.
- Sep 20, 2016150+ Mazda Racers Prepare for SCCA Runoffs and NASA Eastern States Championships
Two of the biggest club racing events in the country are taking place simultaneously this weekend and Mazda Motorsports presence will be strong at both.
- Sep 17, 2016Extreme Temperatures for the Lone Star Le Mans at Circuit of the Americas
The No. 70 Mazda Prototype team with drivers Joel Miller and Tom Long matched their season-best finish with a fourth-place result today at the Lone Star Le Mans race at the Circuit of the Americas (COTA) in Austin. Texas.