- Oct 12, 2018Jarvis leads Bomarito for second and third in Friday afternoon qualifying session
Oliver Jarvis and Jonathan Bomarito put in Mazda’s strongest qualifying effort of the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship season on Friday afternoon.
- Oct 11, 2018Upgrades to Global MX-5 Cup racer will provide improved competition and value
The recently-concluded Battery Tender Global Mazda MX-5 Cup championship once again showcased the unmatched value and competition that the Global Mazda MX-5 Cup platform provides in North American racing.
- Oct 9, 2018Di Grassi and Franchitti added to Mazda Team Joest lineup for season-ending endurance contest
Lucas Di Grassi and Marino Franchitti will join Mazda Team Joest for the ten-hour Petit Le Mans, the season-ending event of the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship.
- Sep 29, 2018Reger wins Race 1 as Ortiz Claims Race 2 to close out the year
Nikko Reger won the opening Battery Tender Global MX-5 Cup race of the day and then backed that victory up with a run to fourth place at Monticello Motor Club to seal the 2018 championship and the $200,000 in racing support from Mazda that comes with it.
- Sep 9, 2018Late-race incident robs Bomarito and Tincknell of Prototype victory
A dominating performance for the No. 55 Mazda RT24-P went unrewarded as Jonathan Bomarito and Harry Tincknell teamed to finish in fourth position on Sunday afternoon at the Continental Tire Monterey Grand Prix at WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca.
- Sep 6, 2018Narrow miss at Road America has team excited for Mazda RT24-P’s potential in Northern California
The next challenge for Mazda Team Joest comes at the familiar WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca, situated just east of Monterey, California.
- Aug 22, 2018Fleet of four-rotor Mazda vintage racers to be driven by modern Mazda drivers
The four Mazda North American Operations-entered race cars that will take to WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca this weekend are all different examples of Mazda’s racing history, with one common thread – they are all powered by a Mazda four-rotor engine.
- Aug 5, 2018Fuel gamble puts Mazda into lead in closing stages of Sunday afternoon’s race
Both Mazda RT24-Ps ran in the top-three of IMSA’s Prototype class during Sunday afternoon’s Continental Tire Road Race Showcase at Road America in Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin with the No. 55 Mazda RT24-P leading the race with two laps to go.
- Aug 2, 2018Marine Veteran to compete in 24-hour endurance race after osseointegration procedure
It’s been a long road to get back behind the wheel of a race car for Staff Sgt. (Ret.) Liam Dwyer, but next weekend he will return to competition in a 24-hour ChampCar race at VIRginia International Raceway behind the wheel of a Global Mazda MX-5 Cup race car.
- Aug 2, 2018Podium form at previous race leads to high hopes at Road America
Another favorite of the drivers of the IMSA WeatherTech Sportscar Championship, the Road America circuit in Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin, is the next target for the drivers of Mazda Team Joest.
- Jul 13, 201841 Mazda-powered open-wheel racers take to streets surrounding Exhibition Place in Toronto
This weekend, the three Mazda Road to Indy series take to the 1.746-mile temporary circuit around Exhibition Place in Toronto, Ontario in support of this weekend’s Verizon IndyCar Series race.
- Jul 8, 2018Mazda narrowly misses top-five at Canadian Tire Motorsports Park
Tristan Nunez and Oliver Jarvis teamed to finish in sixth place in Sunday afternoon’s IMSA Sportscar Grand Prix at Canadian Tire Motorsports Park in the No. 77 Castrol/ModSpace Mazda RT24-P.
- Jul 1, 2018Top-five finish slips away after an ill-timed caution period during six-hour contest
Sunday afternoon’s Sahlen’s Six Hours of The Glen at Watkins Glen International brought a tenth-place finish for Mazda Team Joest.
- Jun 28, 2018Mazda targets more Watkins Glen success on a very warm weekend in upstate New York
Mazda Team Joest will need to beat the Prototype competition in the IMSA WeatherTech Sportscar Championship – and near triple-digit temperatures – for six hours this weekend at the Sahlen’s Six Hours of the Glen.
- Jun 25, 2018Herta and Franzoni Split Indy Lights races, Malukas and Kirkwood sweep Pro Mazda and USF2000
As the Mazda Road to Indy made its annual pilgrimage to Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin’s Road America circuit, most of the teams loaded their transporters earlier this week with a long drive ahead of them. However, for Cooper Tires USF2000 Championship Powered by Mazda team ArmsUp Motorsports, it’s a 14-minute drive on the familiar State Road 23 and 67 before pulling through the front gates at the 63-year-old facility.
- Jun 23, 2018
John Dean II swept The Battery Tender Global Mazda MX-5 Cup presented by BFGoodrich weekend at Road America with a second victory on Saturday, but his path to victory on Saturday was much more crowded than it was the day before.
- Jun 22, 2018
While the field jockeyed for every inch of racetrack behind him, polesitter John Dean II went flag-to-flag in Friday’s Battery Tender Global Mazda MX-5 Cup presented by BFGoodrich race at Road America.
- Jun 2, 2018Progress through the field is unrewarded after Jarvis runs as high as fourth place
Mazda Team Joest had a challenging IMSA Sports Car Classic on Belle Isle in Detroit, Michigan on Saturday afternoon as the team came away from the 100-minute race with a ninth-place finish.
- May 30, 2018Mazda Team Joest Looks To Build On Momentum After Mid-Ohio Podium
Mazda Team Joest hit a significant milestone at the last IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship round at Mid-Ohio, when the No. 77 Castrol / ModSpace Mazda RT24-P driven by Oliver Jarvis and Tristan Nunez finished on the podium for the first time since the rebooted program hit the track this season.
- May 29, 2018
As the USF2000 and Pro Mazda Championships made their return to Lucas Oil Raceway for the Carb Night Classic, up in the grandstands a familiar face was watching the action from above with a serious interest on the outcome of the race. Wisconsin’s Aaron Telitz won the Freedom 75 USF2000 race at the same track in 2014 and wanted to cheer on the up-and-coming Mazda Road to Indy drivers and teams as they took to the 0.6-mile short oval.
- May 24, 2018Forty-two young drivers are aiming to get one step closer to the Indianapolis 500
With the eyes of the motorsports world on Indianapolis, Indiana this weekend, there are 42 young drivers competing for their chance to ascend to open-wheel racing’s grandest stage – the Indianapolis 500.
- May 7, 2018Oliver Jarvis and Tristan Nunez team to finish third and score first IMSA podium for Mazda Team Joest
Mazda Team Joest broke through to record its best result of the season on Sunday afternoon at the IMSA Sports Car Challenge at the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course.
- May 1, 2018Spencer Pigot rejoins team after season-best finish for Mazda at Long Beach
After its best finish of the season at the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship race on the Streets of Long Beach, Mazda Team Joest is looking to build upon that momentum at this weekend’s IMSA Sports Car Challenge at the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course in Lexington, Ohio.
- Apr 10, 2018Sim racing competition bridges the gap between race fans, sim racers and Mazda Motorsports
Mazda Motorsports will give race fans and online racers the chance to get behind the wheel and on track with the Mazda Hot Lap Challenge. Kicking off this weekend at the Grand Prix of Long Beach, the Mazda Hot Lap Challenge will provide the winner a test in a Global Mazda MX-5 Cup car.
- Mar 22, 2018Races from Circuit of The Americas to be broadcast worldwide
This weekend, Mazda will bring the excitement of the Battery Tender Global MX-5 Cup presented by BFGoodrich Tires to fans around the world with a livestream of the season opening races at Circuit of The Americas in Austin, Texas.