- Jan 2, 2020Full-season drivers return and are joined by Ryan Hunter-Reay and Olivier Pla for endurance races
Mazda Team Joest will feature a familiar lineup of drivers who will drive the pair of Mazda RT24-Ps in the 2020 IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship.
- Oct 1, 20192019 Global Mazda MX-5 Cup Champion to drive for Mazda Motorsports in 2020 IMSA Michelin Pilot Challenge
Bryan Ortiz, the 2019 Battery Tender® Global Mazda MX-5 Cup Presented by BFGoodrich® champion, has been named the first driver of the Mazda3 TCR.
- Apr 26, 2019Indycar Champion and Indianapolis 500 Winner Joins Jonathan Bomarito in Debut Race for Mazda
Mazda Team Joest will welcome one of America’s top IndyCar drivers to the team as Ryan Hunter-Reay will compete for Mazda at the Sports Car Challenge at Mid-Ohio, May 3-5, at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course.
- Aug 2, 2018Marine Veteran to compete in 24-hour endurance race after osseointegration procedure
It’s been a long road to get back behind the wheel of a race car for Staff Sgt. (Ret.) Liam Dwyer, but next weekend he will return to competition in a 24-hour ChampCar race at VIRginia International Raceway behind the wheel of a Global Mazda MX-5 Cup race car.
- May 29, 2018
As the USF2000 and Pro Mazda Championships made their return to Lucas Oil Raceway for the Carb Night Classic, up in the grandstands a familiar face was watching the action from above with a serious interest on the outcome of the race. Wisconsin’s Aaron Telitz won the Freedom 75 USF2000 race at the same track in 2014 and wanted to cheer on the up-and-coming Mazda Road to Indy drivers and teams as they took to the 0.6-mile short oval.
- Nov 28, 2017Six Drivers Will Pilot Two Mazda RT24-P Prototypes
Mazda Motorsports has announced the team of drivers that will pilot the two Mazda RT24-P race cars in the 2018 IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar
- Nov 22, 201712th Year For the Biggest Prize in Grassroots Road Racing
Mazda has confirmed four finalists for the 12th annual Mazda Road to 24 Shootout.
- Nov 3, 2017
This post-season shootout will award a $100,000 Mazda Motorsports scholarship to compete in the 2018 Battery Tender Global Mazda MX-5 Cup presented by BFGoodrich Tires.
- Jul 18, 2017New Mazda Prototype Team Will Debut in 2018
Mazda Motorsports begins a new era today with the creation of Mazda Team Joest, which will be the factory Mazda Prototype race team competing in the North American IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship under Daytona Prototype international (DPi) rules.
- Apr 20, 2017Silicon Valley Racer Successfully Graduates from Both Club Racing and College
This coming weekend will see Cresci make his professional race debut in the Battery Tender Global MX-5 Cup presented by BFGoodrich Tires.
- Mar 1, 2017Pro Mazda Champion Moves Up to Indy Lights
Aaron Telitz will compete in the 2017 Indy Lights Presented by Cooper Tires series with the Belardi Auto Racing team, driving the No. 9 car in Mazda’s iconic Soul Red livery.
- Feb 21, 2017Scotsman Completes Driver Trio in No. 70 Mazda Prototype
The Mazda Prototype team has added Marino Franchitti to the driver lineup for the 65th annual Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring.
- Jan 4, 2017
The two-car Mazda Prototype team has confirmed the driver lineup that will compete in the top category of the 2017 IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship.
- Nov 10, 2016Mazda Taps Motorsports Experts to Help Select $100,000 Scholarship Winner
Mazda has confirmed the judges for the 11th annual Mazda Road to 24 Shootout. This post-season shootout will award a $100,000 Mazda Motorsports scholarship to compete in the 2017 Battery Tender Mazda Global MX-5 Cup presented by BFGoodrich Tires.
- Nov 3, 2016One Talented Racer Will Earn a $100,000 Scholarship for the 2017 Battery Tender Mazda Global MX-5 Cup Presented by BFGoodrich Tires
Mazda has confirmed the eight finalists for the 11th annual Mazda Road to 24 Shootout. This post-season shootout will award a $100,000 Mazda Motorsports scholarship to compete in the 2017 Battery Tender Mazda Global MX-5 Cup presented by BFGoodrich Tires. The 2016 Shootout will take place November 15-16, 2016 at the NOLA Motorsports Park, in Avondale, Louisiana.
- Oct 17, 2016Mazda Racers Score Six More Club Racing Championships
The final preliminary invitation to the 2016 Mazda Road to 24 Shootout, the NASA Western States Championships presented by Toyo Tires, concluded yesterday with another six championships earned by Mazda racers.
- Oct 6, 2016Multiple Touring Car Championships on the Line at Mazda Raceway
It is fitting that the final professional sports car race-weekend of 2016, the Pirelli World Challenge season finale, will take place at iconic Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca.
- Sep 23, 2016Stevan McAleer and Chad McCumbee Go for a Second Consecutive IMSA Title
Next Friday afternoon at Road Atlanta, co-drivers Chad McCumbee and Stevan McAleer will be striving to earn a second straight championship in the Street Tuner (ST) class of the IMSA Continental Tire SportsCar Challenge.
- Sep 12, 2016All-Mazda Weekend at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca Determines Champions
The Mazda Road to Indy allows young drivers to compete each year for championships that award them with nearly $2 million in Mazda scholarships to further their career.
- Aug 22, 2016Danny Bender and Teammates Race into Virginia International Raceway this Weekend
“Win on Sunday, Sell on Monday” is one of the most enduring cliches in auto racing. Yet, for Mazda racer Danny Bender, it’s literally true.
- Aug 15, 2016Ten American Racers Seek to be Crowned Global Champion
Mazda is excited to announce the ten drivers representing the United States at the Global Mazda MX-5 Cup Invitational taking place at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca in Monterey, California.
- Aug 10, 2016Using History to Inspire the Future, Mazda Returns Iconic 767B Racecar to the Track
Earlier this year Mazda celebrated the 25th anniversary of its 1991 Le Mans win in the iconic green and orange Mazda 787B.
- Jun 29, 2016
This weekend at Watkins Glen International, the Mazda Prototype team will carry special liveries to honor Mazda’s win in the 1991 24 Hours of Le Mans.
- Apr 22, 2016McGee to Compete with Sick Sideways in 2016 Battery Tender Global Mazda MX-5 Cup presented by BFGoodrich Tires
Glenn McGee has signed with Sick Sideways Racing to contest the 2016 Battery Tender Global Mazda MX-5 Cup Series presented by BFGoodrich Tires.
- Apr 20, 2016Foley to Compete in 2016 Battery Tender Global Mazda MX-5 Cup presented by BFGoodrich Tires
Foley has chosen to take his scholarship money to the Atlanta Motorsports Group racing team, and will compete in the 2016 Battery Tender Global Mazda MX-5 Cup presented by BFGoodrich Tires.