- Jun 11, 2019
As a tribute to Huntsville’s leadership role with the U.S. space program, Mazda Toyota Manufacturing, U.S.A., Inc. (MTM) will name its two assembly lines Apollo and Discovery, respectively.
- Apr 23, 2019First Steel Beam Installation Marks Major Milestone for $1.6 Billion Facility
With the first steel column now in place, construction is well underway for Mazda Toyota Manufacturing U.S.A., Inc. (MTMUS). Team members celebrated the milestone with a small gathering at the plant site.
- Nov 16, 20184,000 jobs, $1.6 billion investment; $870,000 donated toward fueling future workforce and community
Today in Huntsville, the first shovel of dirt was turned on what will become a jointly owned-and-operated automotive production plant that will have the capacity to build 300,000 vehicles a year, beginning in 2021.
- Mar 16, 2018Mazda, ELIIY Power & Ube Industries Agree to Jointly Develop 12-Volt Lithium-ion Starter Batteries for VehiclesDeveloping Safe, Durable Lithium-ion Batteries to Replace Lead-Acid Batteries
Mazda Motor Corporation, ELIIY Power Co., Ltd. and Ube Industries, Ltd. have agreed to jointly develop lithium-ion batteries for use in automobiles.
- Mar 8, 2018
Mazda Motor Corporation and Toyota Motor Corporation have established their new joint-venture company “Mazda Toyota Manufacturing, U.S.A., Inc.” (MTMUS) that will produce vehicles in Huntsville, Alabama starting in 2021.
- Jan 17, 2018Mazda Leads Manufacturer Adjusted Fuel Economy in US Environmental Protection Agency Report for Fifth Consecutive Year
Mazda Motor Corporation has announced that the Light Duty Fuel Economy Trends Report, released by the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) on Jan. 12, 2018, lists the company as having the highest overall Manufacturer Adjusted Fuel Economy for the 2016 model year. Mazda receives the first-place ranking for the fifth year in a row.
- Jan 10, 2018Investment to reach $1.6 billion for facility that will employ up to 4,000, open in 2021
Alabama Governor Kay Ivey and Huntsville Mayor Tommy Battle joined Mazda (MZDAF) and Toyota (NYSE: TM) leaders today to announce the automakers have selected Huntsville, Alabama as the site of their new joint-venture manufacturing plant.
- Oct 16, 2017Part of efforts to meet increasing global demand for crossovers
Mazda Motor Corporation today started production of the new Mazda CX-5 crossover at its Hofu Plant No. 2 in Yamaguchi Prefecture to enable the company to meet the growing global demand for crossovers flexibly and rapidly.
- Aug 25, 2017
Mazda’s vehicle designers developed the overall look and feel of the interior of Mazda’s new HQ.
- Aug 4, 2017Signed agreement marks start of concrete collaboration aimed at creating new types of value for future mobility and achieving further sustainable growth
Toyota Motor Corporation (Toyota) and Mazda Motor Corporation (Mazda) signed an agreement today to enter a business and capital alliance, with the aim of further strengthening their lasting partnership.