IRVINE, Calif. (October 3, 2017) – Mazda North American Operations (MNAO) today reported total September U.S. sales of 25,738 vehicles, representing an increase of 3.4 percent versus September of last year. With 26 selling days in September 2017, versus 25 the year prior, the company posted a decrease of 0.6 percent on a Daily Selling Rate (DSR) basis.
Key September sales notes:
- The Mazda CX-5 posted its best-ever month since going on sale in February of 2012, with 12,440 vehicles sold in the month of September. This number represents an increase of 32.6 percent versus September of last year, and marks its seventh best-ever month in CY2017.
- Momentum around the Mazda MX-5 Miata continues, with the world‘s best-selling two-seat roadster posting a year-over-year (YOY) increase of 12.5 percent in the month of September. Total sales, which includes both the MX-5 soft top and MX-5 RF, reached 846 vehicles sold in the month of September.
- Sales of the seven-passenger Mazda CX-9 rose 0.9 percent YOY with 1,850 vehicles sold in the month of September.
- Total sales of Mazda’s CX crossover SUV line, including the CX-3, CX-5 and CX-9, were up 23.6 percent YOY with 15,743 vehicles sold in the month of September. Among CX buyers, Mazda customers continue to choose the AWD option, with 62.2 percent of CX-line vehicles sold in September being equipped with i-ACTIV All-Wheel Drive.
- Mazda reported Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) sales of 3,580 vehicles, marking a YOY increase of 29.0 percent.
Mazda Motor de Mexico (MMdM) reported September sales of 3,888 vehicles, marking a decrease of 17.9 percent versus September of last year.
Mazda North American Operations is headquartered in Irvine, California, and oversees the sales, marketing, parts and customer service support of Mazda vehicles in the United States and Mexico through nearly 600 dealers. Operations in Mexico are managed by Mazda Motor de Mexico in Mexico City. For more information on Mazda vehicles, including photography and B-roll, please visit the online Mazda media center at InsideMazda.MazdaUSA.com/Newsroom.
# # #