IRVINE, Calif. (November 1, 2017) – Mazda North American Operations (MNAO) today reported total October U.S. sales of 20,811 vehicles, representing a decrease of 8.4 percent versus October of last year. Year-to-date (YTD) sales through October are down 2.4 percent versus last year, with 241,108 vehicles sold.
Key October sales notes:
- The all-new Mazda CX-5 continued its record-breaking sales momentum in October, posting its best-ever October and its eighth best-ever month of CY2017, with 10,306 vehicles sold. This number represents an increase of 15.3 percent versus October of last year.
- Mazda’s two-seat roadster, the Mazda MX-5 Miata, posted a year-over-year (YOY) increase of 18.2 percent. Total sales, which includes both the MX-5 soft top and MX-5 RF, remained strong in the month of October, reaching 597 vehicles sold.
- The seven-passenger Mazda CX-9 crossover SUV finished the month up 7.0 percent YOY, with 1,971 vehicles sold in the month of October.
- Total sales of Mazda‘s CX crossover SUV line, including the CX-3, CX-5 and CX-9, were up 9.9 percent YOY with 13,555 vehicles sold in the month of October. The i-ACTIV All-Wheel Drive option continues to be a favorite among Mazda CX-line buyers, with 63.5 percent of customers choosing the AWD option in October.
- Mazda reported Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) sales of 3,299 vehicles, marking an increase of 31.6 percent YOY.
Mazda Motor de Mexico (MMdM) reported October sales of 4,510 vehicles, marking an increase of 2.3 percent versus October of last year. MMdM achieved its best-ever sales month for the Mazda MX-5 in the month of October.
Mazda North American Operations is headquartered in Irvine, California, and oversees the sales, marketing, parts and customer service support of Mazda vehicles in the United States and Mexico through nearly 600 dealers. Operations in Mexico are managed by Mazda Motor de Mexico in Mexico City. For more information on Mazda vehicles, including photography and B-roll, please visit the online Mazda media center at InsideMazda.MazdaUSA.com/Newsroom.
# # #