IRVINE, Calif. (July 3, 2018) – Mazda North American Operations (MNAO) today reported total June U.S. sales of 26,893 vehicles, representing an increase of 20.4 percent versus June of last year. Year-to-date (YTD) sales through June are up 14.2 percent versus last year, with 163,924 vehicles sold. With 27 selling days in June 2018, versus 26 the year prior, the company posted an increase of 15.9 percent on a Daily Selling Rate (DSR) basis.
KEY JUNE SALES NOTES:
- Mazda CX-3 posted top sales, with 2,332 vehicles sold in June, marking an increase of 92.3 percent YOY. This increase was led by the launch of the new 2019 CX-3. Sales of Mazda CX-3 are up 24.8 percent YTD.
- Mazda CX-5, Mazda’s award-winning crossover SUV, posted its best-ever June sales of 12,710 vehicles, marking an increase of 33.1 percent YOY. Sales of the Mazda CX-5 are up 41.9 percent YTD.
- Mazda’s seven-passenger crossover SUV, Mazda CX-9, had a near-record month for June, finishing up 40.1 percent YOY, with 2,381 vehicles sold. Sales of the Mazda CX-9 are up 19.9 percent YTD.
- Mazda6 posted sales increase of 35.8 percent year-over-year (YOY), with 3,204 vehicles sold in the month of June.
- Every model in the CX-line posted sales gains in the month of June. Total sales of the CX-line, including the CX-3, CX-5 and CX-9, were up 34.6 percent over June of last year, with 17,423 vehicles sold.
- Mazda reported 4,604 Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) vehicles sold in June, marking an increase of 18.4 percent YOY.
Mazda Motor de Mexico (MMdM) reported June salesof 4,562 vehicles, up 2.7 percent versus June of last year.
Mazda North American Operations is headquartered in Irvine, California, and oversees the sales, marketing, parts and customer service support of Mazda vehicles in the United States and Mexico through nearly 700 dealers. Operations in Mexico are managed by Mazda Motor de Mexico in Mexico City. For more information on Mazda vehicles, including photography and B-roll, please visit the online Mazda media center at InsideMazda.MazdaUSA.com/Newsroom.
# # #
Tim Olson, Mazda North American Operations, 949-727-6651
Emily Taylor, Mazda North American Operations, 949-727-6182