- Jul 3, 2017Mazda Prototype Team Striving for Third Consecutive Podium Finish
The Mazda Prototype team rolls into Canadian Tire Motorsport Park (CTMP) outside of Toronto this weekend for the Mobil 1 Sportscar Grand Prix.
- Jul 2, 2017Second-straight Third-Place Finish for Mazda Team
The No. 55 Mazda Prototype car was never the fastest on the race track at Watkins Glen International for the Sahlen’s Six Hours of the Glen, but with nearly flawless execution by the drivers and pit crew and an ever-improving car, they finished third in the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship race today.
- Jun 29, 2017Summer Advertising Spot Highlights Why Drivers Chose Mazda During ‘Market Research Clinic’
The new advertising spot, debuting on July 1, 2017, will feature luxury vehicle owners who unknowingly choose a Mazda vehicle over premium brands after a blind test drive.
- Jun 26, 2017Pigot and Franchitti Join the Mazda Prototype Team This Weekend
Coming off a podium finish at the Grand Prix of Detroit, the Mazda Prototype team carries confidence into the Sahlen’s Six Hours of the Glen at the iconic Watkins Glen International circuit this weekend.
- Jun 6, 2017Global MX-5 Cup Car Leading the Charge in TCA
In total, Mazda racers have earned 16 of 18 podium positions in the TCA class and are leading the drivers, team, and manufacturers championships after six of 12 races.
- Jun 3, 2017Prototype Drivers Tom Long and Joel Miller Earn First Podium Finish
This marks a third consecutive top-three finish for Mazda on street circuits, dating back to this event last season. The sister car, the No. 55 Soul Red Mazda, finished fifth with drivers Jonathan Bomarito and Tristan Nunez.
- May 30, 2017Street Battle on Tap at Belle Isle
At last year’s Chevrolet Detroit Grand Prix presented by Lear at the Belle Isle Street Course, the Mazda Prototype team scored third- and fourth-place finishes in the Prototype class.
- May 26, 2017Monterey County Board of Supervisors Recognizes Mazda for Contributions to Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
The resolution, given to MNAO by the Monterey County Board of Supervisors, honors Mazda for their continued support of Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca through their exclusive title sponsorship of the track—a partnership that began in 2001.
- May 17, 2017Long-Term Contract Discussions Continue as Brand Retains Naming Rights to Raceway
Mazda North American Operations (MNAO) and the Monterey County Board of Supervisors recently reached a contract agreement for a one-year naming-rights extension for the iconic Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca facility.
- May 16, 2017Mazda to Celebrate 50th Anniversary of Mazda’s First Sports Car, the Rotary-Powered Cosmo Sport 110S, in 200-Mile Event
This year, the event will celebrate the 50th anniversary of Mazda’s first sports car, the Cosmo Sport 110S, powered by a Wankel rotary engine.