- Sep 6, 2018Narrow miss at Road America has team excited for Mazda RT24-P’s potential in Northern California
The next challenge for Mazda Team Joest comes at the familiar WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca, situated just east of Monterey, California.
- Aug 22, 2018Fleet of four-rotor Mazda vintage racers to be driven by modern Mazda drivers
The four Mazda North American Operations-entered race cars that will take to WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca this weekend are all different examples of Mazda’s racing history, with one common thread – they are all powered by a Mazda four-rotor engine.
- Aug 5, 2018Fuel gamble puts Mazda into lead in closing stages of Sunday afternoon’s race
Both Mazda RT24-Ps ran in the top-three of IMSA’s Prototype class during Sunday afternoon’s Continental Tire Road Race Showcase at Road America in Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin with the No. 55 Mazda RT24-P leading the race with two laps to go.
- Aug 2, 2018Marine Veteran to compete in 24-hour endurance race after osseointegration procedure
It’s been a long road to get back behind the wheel of a race car for Staff Sgt. (Ret.) Liam Dwyer, but next weekend he will return to competition in a 24-hour ChampCar race at VIRginia International Raceway behind the wheel of a Global Mazda MX-5 Cup race car.
- Aug 2, 2018Podium form at previous race leads to high hopes at Road America
Another favorite of the drivers of the IMSA WeatherTech Sportscar Championship, the Road America circuit in Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin, is the next target for the drivers of Mazda Team Joest.
- Jul 13, 201841 Mazda-powered open-wheel racers take to streets surrounding Exhibition Place in Toronto
This weekend, the three Mazda Road to Indy series take to the 1.746-mile temporary circuit around Exhibition Place in Toronto, Ontario in support of this weekend’s Verizon IndyCar Series race.
- Jul 8, 2018Mazda narrowly misses top-five at Canadian Tire Motorsports Park
Tristan Nunez and Oliver Jarvis teamed to finish in sixth place in Sunday afternoon’s IMSA Sportscar Grand Prix at Canadian Tire Motorsports Park in the No. 77 Castrol/ModSpace Mazda RT24-P.
- Jul 1, 2018Top-five finish slips away after an ill-timed caution period during six-hour contest
Sunday afternoon’s Sahlen’s Six Hours of The Glen at Watkins Glen International brought a tenth-place finish for Mazda Team Joest.
- Jun 28, 2018Mazda targets more Watkins Glen success on a very warm weekend in upstate New York
Mazda Team Joest will need to beat the Prototype competition in the IMSA WeatherTech Sportscar Championship – and near triple-digit temperatures – for six hours this weekend at the Sahlen’s Six Hours of the Glen.
- Jun 25, 2018Herta and Franzoni Split Indy Lights races, Malukas and Kirkwood sweep Pro Mazda and USF2000
As the Mazda Road to Indy made its annual pilgrimage to Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin’s Road America circuit, most of the teams loaded their transporters earlier this week with a long drive ahead of them. However, for Cooper Tires USF2000 Championship Powered by Mazda team ArmsUp Motorsports, it’s a 14-minute drive on the familiar State Road 23 and 67 before pulling through the front gates at the 63-year-old facility.