- Aug 9, 2021
August 9, 2021 QUOTES FROM MAZDA MOTORSPORTS NO. 55 MAZDA RT24-P HARRY TINCKNELL “Olly did a great job to set me up. It was a struggle at first, but we maintained position and were still...
- Jun 28, 2021
Quotes From Mazda Motorsports Brad Audet Chief Marketing Officer, Mazda North American Operations “The challenger spirit of our collective team is the energy behind their determination to take...
- May 17, 2021
May 17, 2021 QUOTES FROM MAZDA MOTORSPORTS HARRY TINCKNELL “We thought we had the race under control, but the last caution was really unlucky for us. In the end, we had a good finish. Three...
- Mar 22, 2021
QUOTES FROM MAZDA MOTORSPORTS HARRY TINCKNELL “Sebring marked another great result for the No. 55 Mazda RT24-P. Now with two races and 36 hours completed, we have a fantastic start to the season.”
- Feb 1, 2021
QUOTES FROM MAZDA MOTORSPORTS HARRY TINCKNELL “This is a strong start to the season for Mazda. Every 24-hour race is full of ups and downs. While we were fastest at many points throughout the...
- Sep 8, 2020
“After a fierce six hours of racing, we can be proud of our team at Mazda Motorsports. The No. 55 car showed our true challenger spirit and made a charge through the field with a strong second-place finish.”
- Jan 26, 2020Jarvis, Nunez and Pla record best overall finish for Mazda at Daytona in No. 77 Mazda RT24-P
Two Mazda RT24-Ps battled over 24 hours of racing at Daytona International Speedway to record the company’s best overall finish at the Rolex 24 at Daytona.
- Jan 23, 2020Jarvis driver to second straight pole position, Bomarito third in qualifying for Rolex 24 at Daytona
For the second straight year, Oliver Jarvis has claimed pole position for the Rolex 24 at Daytona in the No. 77 Mazda RT24-P.
- Jan 21, 2020Mazda RT24-Ps looking for 24 hours of endurance racing success in Daytona
After setting the fastest time of the weekend for the Daytona Prototype international class at the Roar Before the 24, Mazda Team Joest returns to Daytona International Speedway this weekend with one goal in mind.
- Jan 5, 2020Pla takes pole position in Sunday's qualifying at Roar Before the 24
Olivier Pla and the No. 77 Mazda RT24-P set the standard for the Daytona Prototype international field in Sunday’s qualifying session at the Roar Before the 24, the annual preseason test held at Daytona International Speedway for the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship.
- Sep 11, 2019After Three Consecutive Victories, Mazda Team Joest Targets More Success In Final Two Races Of The Season
Mazda Team Joest arrives at WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca for this weekend’s Monterey SportsCar Championship race as winners of the previous three IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship races.
- Aug 4, 2019Bomarito, Tincknell And Mazda Team Joest Narrowly Win At Road America
For a third straight race, a Soul Red Crystal Mazda RT24-P was driven into the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar victory lane as Jonathan Bomarito and Harry Tincknell scored victory at the IMSA Road Race Showcase at Road America.
- Jul 7, 2019Oliver Jarvis and Tristan Nunez Take First IMSA Win Sunday at Canadian Tire Motorsports Park
Mazda Team Joest scored its second-straight one-two finish in the IMSA WeatherTech Sportscar Championship on Sunday afternoon at Canadian Tire Motorsports Park.
- Jun 30, 2019Mazda RT24-PS Finish First and Second at Sahlen's Six Hours of the Glen
Mazda Team Joest has won its first Daytona Prototype international race in the IMSA WeatherTech Sportscar Championship, with a dominating run that saw the Soul Red Crystal Mazda RT24-Ps finish first and second at the Sahlen’s Six Hours Of The Glen.
- Jun 1, 2019Mazda Team Joest Leaves Detroit with a Nine-Place Result
A challenging weekend ended with a challenging result for Mazda Team Joest at the Sports Car Classic held on the streets of Belle Isle in Detroit, Michigan.
- Apr 13, 2019Jarvis and Nunez Just Miss Podium After Leading
The opening lap of Saturday afternoon’s BUBBA burger Sports Car Grand Prix at Long Beach saw both Soul Red Crystal Mazda RT24-Ps march forward through the Daytona Prototype field, as Tristan Nunez went from fifth to third in the No. 77 Mazda RT24-P while Jonathan Bomarito, in the No. 55 Mazda RT24-P, went from 11th to sixth.
- Mar 16, 2019Despite Setbacks, Team Sets Fast Lap of the Race and Finishes Sixth
Making it to the finish of the 12 Hours of Sebring is one of the biggest challenges in sports car racing, and despite both of its cars encountering major setbacks during the race, the cars of Mazda Team Joest made it to the finish in Saturday’s 12 Hours of Sebring.
- Mar 15, 2019Tristan Nunez Qualifies Second, Bomarito Seventh in Mazda RT24-PS
In the Friday morning qualifying session for the 12 Hours of Sebring, Tristan Nunez drove the No. 77 Mazda RT24-P to a front row starting position for the endurance racing classic.
- Jan 24, 2019Olly Jarvis Qualifies First, Jonathan Bomarito Fourth, for Rolex 24 at Daytona
Driven by Olly Jarvis, the No. 77 Mazda RT24-P went around the Daytona International Speedway road course faster than any other car in history in Thursday’s qualifying for the Rolex 24 at Daytona.
- Jan 22, 2019Mazda Team Joest Riding Momentum of Roar Before the 24 Into This Year's Endurance Classic
Mazda RT24-Ps led the way at the Roar Before the 24 at Daytona International Speedway two weeks ago when drivers Oliver Jarvis and Harry Tincknell set the quickest lap times in the weekend’s qualifying session.
- Oct 15, 2018Mazda Team Joest never stops challenging en route to best result of the season
The pair of Soul Red Crystal Mazda RT24-P prototypes finished second and third in the grueling Petit Le Mans at Road Atlanta on Saturday night, securing their podium positions right as the checkered flag fell.
- Oct 12, 2018Jarvis leads Bomarito for second and third in Friday afternoon qualifying session
Oliver Jarvis and Jonathan Bomarito put in Mazda’s strongest qualifying effort of the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship season on Friday afternoon.
- Sep 29, 2018Reger wins Race 1 as Ortiz Claims Race 2 to close out the year
Nikko Reger won the opening Battery Tender Global MX-5 Cup race of the day and then backed that victory up with a run to fourth place at Monticello Motor Club to seal the 2018 championship and the $200,000 in racing support from Mazda that comes with it.
- Sep 9, 2018Late-race incident robs Bomarito and Tincknell of Prototype victory
A dominating performance for the No. 55 Mazda RT24-P went unrewarded as Jonathan Bomarito and Harry Tincknell teamed to finish in fourth position on Sunday afternoon at the Continental Tire Monterey Grand Prix at WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca.
- Aug 22, 2018Fleet of four-rotor Mazda vintage racers to be driven by modern Mazda drivers
The four Mazda North American Operations-entered race cars that will take to WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca this weekend are all different examples of Mazda’s racing history, with one common thread – they are all powered by a Mazda four-rotor engine.