- Aug 9, 2021
August 9, 2021 QUOTES FROM MAZDA MOTORSPORTS NO. 55 MAZDA RT24-P HARRY TINCKNELL “Olly did a great job to set me up. It was a struggle at first, but we maintained position and were still...
- Jun 28, 2021
Quotes From Mazda Motorsports Brad Audet Chief Marketing Officer, Mazda North American Operations “The challenger spirit of our collective team is the energy behind their determination to take...
- May 17, 2021
May 17, 2021 QUOTES FROM MAZDA MOTORSPORTS HARRY TINCKNELL “We thought we had the race under control, but the last caution was really unlucky for us. In the end, we had a good finish. Three...
- Mar 22, 2021
QUOTES FROM MAZDA MOTORSPORTS HARRY TINCKNELL “Sebring marked another great result for the No. 55 Mazda RT24-P. Now with two races and 36 hours completed, we have a fantastic start to the season.”
- Feb 1, 2021
QUOTES FROM MAZDA MOTORSPORTS HARRY TINCKNELL “This is a strong start to the season for Mazda. Every 24-hour race is full of ups and downs. While we were fastest at many points throughout the...
- Sep 8, 2020
“After a fierce six hours of racing, we can be proud of our team at Mazda Motorsports. The No. 55 car showed our true challenger spirit and made a charge through the field with a strong second-place finish.”
- Jan 26, 2020Jarvis, Nunez and Pla record best overall finish for Mazda at Daytona in No. 77 Mazda RT24-P
Two Mazda RT24-Ps battled over 24 hours of racing at Daytona International Speedway to record the company’s best overall finish at the Rolex 24 at Daytona.
- Jan 23, 2020Jarvis driver to second straight pole position, Bomarito third in qualifying for Rolex 24 at Daytona
For the second straight year, Oliver Jarvis has claimed pole position for the Rolex 24 at Daytona in the No. 77 Mazda RT24-P.
- Jan 21, 2020Mazda RT24-Ps looking for 24 hours of endurance racing success in Daytona
After setting the fastest time of the weekend for the Daytona Prototype international class at the Roar Before the 24, Mazda Team Joest returns to Daytona International Speedway this weekend with one goal in mind.
- Jan 5, 2020Pla takes pole position in Sunday's qualifying at Roar Before the 24
Olivier Pla and the No. 77 Mazda RT24-P set the standard for the Daytona Prototype international field in Sunday’s qualifying session at the Roar Before the 24, the annual preseason test held at Daytona International Speedway for the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship.
- Sep 11, 2019After Three Consecutive Victories, Mazda Team Joest Targets More Success In Final Two Races Of The Season
Mazda Team Joest arrives at WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca for this weekend’s Monterey SportsCar Championship race as winners of the previous three IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship races.
- Aug 4, 2019Bomarito, Tincknell And Mazda Team Joest Narrowly Win At Road America
For a third straight race, a Soul Red Crystal Mazda RT24-P was driven into the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar victory lane as Jonathan Bomarito and Harry Tincknell scored victory at the IMSA Road Race Showcase at Road America.
- Jul 7, 2019Oliver Jarvis and Tristan Nunez Take First IMSA Win Sunday at Canadian Tire Motorsports Park
Mazda Team Joest scored its second-straight one-two finish in the IMSA WeatherTech Sportscar Championship on Sunday afternoon at Canadian Tire Motorsports Park.
- Jun 30, 2019Mazda RT24-PS Finish First and Second at Sahlen's Six Hours of the Glen
Mazda Team Joest has won its first Daytona Prototype international race in the IMSA WeatherTech Sportscar Championship, with a dominating run that saw the Soul Red Crystal Mazda RT24-Ps finish first and second at the Sahlen’s Six Hours Of The Glen.
- Jun 1, 2019Mazda Team Joest Leaves Detroit with a Nine-Place Result
A challenging weekend ended with a challenging result for Mazda Team Joest at the Sports Car Classic held on the streets of Belle Isle in Detroit, Michigan.
- Apr 13, 2019Jarvis and Nunez Just Miss Podium After Leading
The opening lap of Saturday afternoon’s BUBBA burger Sports Car Grand Prix at Long Beach saw both Soul Red Crystal Mazda RT24-Ps march forward through the Daytona Prototype field, as Tristan Nunez went from fifth to third in the No. 77 Mazda RT24-P while Jonathan Bomarito, in the No. 55 Mazda RT24-P, went from 11th to sixth.
- Mar 16, 2019Despite Setbacks, Team Sets Fast Lap of the Race and Finishes Sixth
Making it to the finish of the 12 Hours of Sebring is one of the biggest challenges in sports car racing, and despite both of its cars encountering major setbacks during the race, the cars of Mazda Team Joest made it to the finish in Saturday’s 12 Hours of Sebring.
- Mar 15, 2019Tristan Nunez Qualifies Second, Bomarito Seventh in Mazda RT24-PS
In the Friday morning qualifying session for the 12 Hours of Sebring, Tristan Nunez drove the No. 77 Mazda RT24-P to a front row starting position for the endurance racing classic.
- Jan 24, 2019Olly Jarvis Qualifies First, Jonathan Bomarito Fourth, for Rolex 24 at Daytona
Driven by Olly Jarvis, the No. 77 Mazda RT24-P went around the Daytona International Speedway road course faster than any other car in history in Thursday’s qualifying for the Rolex 24 at Daytona.
- Jan 22, 2019Mazda Team Joest Riding Momentum of Roar Before the 24 Into This Year's Endurance Classic
Mazda RT24-Ps led the way at the Roar Before the 24 at Daytona International Speedway two weeks ago when drivers Oliver Jarvis and Harry Tincknell set the quickest lap times in the weekend’s qualifying session.
- Oct 15, 2018Mazda Team Joest never stops challenging en route to best result of the season
The pair of Soul Red Crystal Mazda RT24-P prototypes finished second and third in the grueling Petit Le Mans at Road Atlanta on Saturday night, securing their podium positions right as the checkered flag fell.
- Oct 12, 2018Jarvis leads Bomarito for second and third in Friday afternoon qualifying session
Oliver Jarvis and Jonathan Bomarito put in Mazda’s strongest qualifying effort of the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship season on Friday afternoon.
- Sep 29, 2018Reger wins Race 1 as Ortiz Claims Race 2 to close out the year
Nikko Reger won the opening Battery Tender Global MX-5 Cup race of the day and then backed that victory up with a run to fourth place at Monticello Motor Club to seal the 2018 championship and the $200,000 in racing support from Mazda that comes with it.
- Sep 9, 2018Late-race incident robs Bomarito and Tincknell of Prototype victory
A dominating performance for the No. 55 Mazda RT24-P went unrewarded as Jonathan Bomarito and Harry Tincknell teamed to finish in fourth position on Sunday afternoon at the Continental Tire Monterey Grand Prix at WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca.
- Aug 22, 2018Fleet of four-rotor Mazda vintage racers to be driven by modern Mazda drivers
The four Mazda North American Operations-entered race cars that will take to WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca this weekend are all different examples of Mazda’s racing history, with one common thread – they are all powered by a Mazda four-rotor engine.
- Aug 5, 2018Fuel gamble puts Mazda into lead in closing stages of Sunday afternoon’s race
Both Mazda RT24-Ps ran in the top-three of IMSA’s Prototype class during Sunday afternoon’s Continental Tire Road Race Showcase at Road America in Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin with the No. 55 Mazda RT24-P leading the race with two laps to go.
- Jul 8, 2018Mazda narrowly misses top-five at Canadian Tire Motorsports Park
Tristan Nunez and Oliver Jarvis teamed to finish in sixth place in Sunday afternoon’s IMSA Sportscar Grand Prix at Canadian Tire Motorsports Park in the No. 77 Castrol/ModSpace Mazda RT24-P.
- Jul 1, 2018Top-five finish slips away after an ill-timed caution period during six-hour contest
Sunday afternoon’s Sahlen’s Six Hours of The Glen at Watkins Glen International brought a tenth-place finish for Mazda Team Joest.
- Jun 23, 2018
John Dean II swept The Battery Tender Global Mazda MX-5 Cup presented by BFGoodrich weekend at Road America with a second victory on Saturday, but his path to victory on Saturday was much more crowded than it was the day before.
- Jun 22, 2018
While the field jockeyed for every inch of racetrack behind him, polesitter John Dean II went flag-to-flag in Friday’s Battery Tender Global Mazda MX-5 Cup presented by BFGoodrich race at Road America.
- Jun 2, 2018Progress through the field is unrewarded after Jarvis runs as high as fourth place
Mazda Team Joest had a challenging IMSA Sports Car Classic on Belle Isle in Detroit, Michigan on Saturday afternoon as the team came away from the 100-minute race with a ninth-place finish.
- May 7, 2018Oliver Jarvis and Tristan Nunez team to finish third and score first IMSA podium for Mazda Team Joest
Mazda Team Joest broke through to record its best result of the season on Sunday afternoon at the IMSA Sports Car Challenge at the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course.
- Mar 18, 2018Mazda RT24-P contends for victory until closing stages of endurance racing classic
Until the final pit stop of the 66th Mobil 1 12 Hours of Sebring, the No. 55 Mazda RT24-P driven by Jonathan Bomarito, Spencer Pigot and Harry Tincknell was closing in on a potential victory at the famed circuit.
- Jan 28, 2018Both No. 55 and No. 77 Mazda RT24-P’s show speed but retire before finish of Rolex 24 at Daytona
The Mazda RT24-Ps demonstrated a major leap forward in competitiveness at Daytona International Speedway, but unfortunately both cars retired before the finish of this weekend’s Rolex 24 at Daytona, the first round of the 2018 IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship.
Jan 26, 2018Jonathan Bomarito Showcases Team's Progress Qualifying Only 0.550-Seconds Behind Pole Position
Demonstrating the progress that Mazda Team Joest has undertaken since the team’s announcement in July, Jonathan Bomarito qualified the No. 55 Mazda RT24-P DPi in ninth position in the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship Prototype class for the Rolex 24 at Daytona.
- Jan 23, 2018Rethink of Mazda Prototype program faces first test at Rolex 24 at Daytona
In any circumstance, the Rolex 24 at Daytona is the biggest challenge teams racing in the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship will face. Straight out of the gate the teams are faced with the longest race of the season at the first race.
- Dec 10, 2017Keith Donegan and Selin Rollan Win $300,000 in Mazda Scholarships
Keith Donegan of Dublin, Ireland and Selin Rollan of Orlando, Florida earned Mazda driver development scholarships this weekend at the Bondurant Racing School circuit in a pair of competitions among young, championship-winning racers.
- Oct 23, 2017Five Mazda Racers Claim Championships During Sebring Weekend
Mazda racers scored five wins on a hot, humid, and occasionally rainy Sunday in Florida, as the National Auto Sport Association (NASA) concluded its season-ending championship weekends with the Eastern States Championships presented by Toyo Tires at historic Sebring International Raceway.
- Oct 14, 2017Over 150 passes in 90 minutes of racing as field fought for $120,000 payout
Gallagher started from third in both races. A second place finish in Race One and victory in Race Two combined to earn him the overall weekend prize of $75,000.
- Oct 11, 201729 Car Spec Miata Race Highlights Thunderhill Weekend
The 2017 NASA Western States Championships presented by Toyo Tires will be remembered as the year of the fire.
- Oct 1, 2017Mazda Racers Take Home Five Championships at 54th Annual Event
Mazda racers were once again in the thick of the battle, and earned five championships.
- Jul 2, 2017Second-straight Third-Place Finish for Mazda Team
The No. 55 Mazda Prototype car was never the fastest on the race track at Watkins Glen International for the Sahlen’s Six Hours of the Glen, but with nearly flawless execution by the drivers and pit crew and an ever-improving car, they finished third in the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship race today.
- Jun 26, 2017Pigot and Franchitti Join the Mazda Prototype Team This Weekend
Coming off a podium finish at the Grand Prix of Detroit, the Mazda Prototype team carries confidence into the Sahlen’s Six Hours of the Glen at the iconic Watkins Glen International circuit this weekend.
- Jun 3, 2017Prototype Drivers Tom Long and Joel Miller Earn First Podium Finish
This marks a third consecutive top-three finish for Mazda on street circuits, dating back to this event last season. The sister car, the No. 55 Soul Red Mazda, finished fifth with drivers Jonathan Bomarito and Tristan Nunez.
- Apr 8, 2017The Soul Red No. 55 Mazda Grabs Third-Place Overall at Long Beach
The No. 55 Soul Red Mazda Prototype team earned a best-ever finish in the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship with a third-place tally at the 100-minute BUBBA burger Sports Car Grand Prix at Long Beach.
- Apr 3, 2017Mazda Prototype Team in Action Near North American Corporate Headquarters
The two-car Mazda Prototype team will compete in the 100-minute BUBBA burger Sports Car Grand Prix, Saturday at 1:05 p.m. The race can be seen live on FOX-TV, beginning at 1:00 pm Pacific Time / 4:00 pm Eastern Time.
- Mar 13, 2017Two-car Mazda Prototype Team Aim for Overall Victory at 12 Hours of Sebring
Each of the six Mazda Prototype drivers hope to add another prominent highlight to their driving history this weekend.
- Jan 29, 2017Debut of the Mazda RT24-P race car produces 1,000 Race Laps
The 55th running of the Rolex 24 at Daytona featured thrilling finishes in three of the four classes of race cars competing in the race.
- Nov 18, 2016California Racer Scores $100,000 Scholarship for 2017 Battery Tender Mazda MX-5 Cup
After two days of intense competition at NOLA Motorsports Park in Avondale, Louisiana, Matt Cresci from Los Gatos, California won the 2016 Mazda Road to 24 Shootout. The $100,000 scholarship that came with the victory is the largest prize in grassroots motorsports. Launched in 2006, the Mazda Road to 24 Shootout has promoted ten talented grassroots racers into the professional ranks.
- Sep 25, 2016Mazda Racers Score 10 Wins at SCCA and NASA Championships
With two of the biggest club racing events in the country taking place simultaneously, it was a divide and conquer effort for the Mazda Motorsports team.