IRVINE, Calif. (December 1, 2017) – Mazda North American Operations (MNAO) today reported total November U.S. sales of 21,469 vehicles, representing a decrease of 2.6 percent versus November of last year. Year-to-date (YTD) sales through November are down 2.4 percent versus last year, with 262,577 vehicles sold.
Key November sales notes:
- The all-new Mazda CX-5 continued its record-breaking sales momentum in November, posting its best-ever November and its ninth best-ever month of CY2017, with 10,610 vehicles sold. This number represents an increase of 19.7 percent versus November of last year.
- Sales of Mazda‘s two-seat roadster, the MX-5 Miata, rose 25.8 percent year-over-year (YOY), with 487 vehicles sold in the month of November. This number includes both the MX-5 soft top and MX-5 RF.
- Mazda CX-3 recorded an increase of 11.7 percent YOY in the month of November, with 1,514 vehicles sold.
- Sales of the seven-passenger Mazda CX-9 rose 25.3 percent YOY with 2,499 vehicles sold in the month of November.
- As crossover SUVs continue to dominate the market, sales of Mazda’s CX-line remain strong, with CX-3, CX-5 and CX-9 collectively reaching 14,623 vehicles sold in the month of November. This number represents an increase of 19.7 percent YOY, and a YTD increase of 15.4 percent.
- As most of the country prepares for snow in the coming months, the i-ACTIV All-Wheel Drive option continues to be a favorite among Mazda CX-line buyers, with 64.4 percent of customers choosing the AWD option in November.
- Mazda reported Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) sales of 3,721 vehicles, marking an increase of 44.6 percent YOY.
Mazda Motor de Mexico (MMdM) recorded its best-ever November, with 5,957 vehicles sold, marking an increase of 15.2 percent versus November of last year.
Mazda North American Operations is headquartered in Irvine, California, and oversees the sales, marketing, parts and customer service support of Mazda vehicles in the United States and Mexico through nearly 600 dealers. Operations in Mexico are managed by Mazda Motor de Mexico in Mexico City. For more information on Mazda vehicles, including photography and B-roll, please visit the online Mazda media center at InsideMazda.MazdaUSA.com/Newsroom.
# # #