- Jul 3, 2017Mazda Prototype Team Striving for Third Consecutive Podium Finish
The Mazda Prototype team rolls into Canadian Tire Motorsport Park (CTMP) outside of Toronto this weekend for the Mobil 1 Sportscar Grand Prix.
- Jul 2, 2017Second-straight Third-Place Finish for Mazda Team
The No. 55 Mazda Prototype car was never the fastest on the race track at Watkins Glen International for the Sahlen’s Six Hours of the Glen, but with nearly flawless execution by the drivers and pit crew and an ever-improving car, they finished third in the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship race today.
- Jun 29, 2017Summer Advertising Spot Highlights Why Drivers Chose Mazda During ‘Market Research Clinic’
The new advertising spot, debuting on July 1, 2017, will feature luxury vehicle owners who unknowingly choose a Mazda vehicle over premium brands after a blind test drive.
- Jun 26, 2017Pigot and Franchitti Join the Mazda Prototype Team This Weekend
Coming off a podium finish at the Grand Prix of Detroit, the Mazda Prototype team carries confidence into the Sahlen’s Six Hours of the Glen at the iconic Watkins Glen International circuit this weekend.
- Jun 6, 2017Global MX-5 Cup Car Leading the Charge in TCA
In total, Mazda racers have earned 16 of 18 podium positions in the TCA class and are leading the drivers, team, and manufacturers championships after six of 12 races.
- Jun 3, 2017Prototype Drivers Tom Long and Joel Miller Earn First Podium Finish
This marks a third consecutive top-three finish for Mazda on street circuits, dating back to this event last season. The sister car, the No. 55 Soul Red Mazda, finished fifth with drivers Jonathan Bomarito and Tristan Nunez.
- May 30, 2017Street Battle on Tap at Belle Isle
At last year’s Chevrolet Detroit Grand Prix presented by Lear at the Belle Isle Street Course, the Mazda Prototype team scored third- and fourth-place finishes in the Prototype class.
- Monterey County Board of Supervisors Recognizes Mazda for Contributions to Mazda Raceway Laguna SecaMay 26, 2017
The resolution, given to MNAO by the Monterey County Board of Supervisors, honors Mazda for their continued support of Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca through their exclusive title sponsorship of the track—a partnership that began in 2001.
- May 17, 2017Long-Term Contract Discussions Continue as Brand Retains Naming Rights to Raceway
Mazda North American Operations (MNAO) and the Monterey County Board of Supervisors recently reached a contract agreement for a one-year naming-rights extension for the iconic Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca facility.
- May 16, 2017Mazda to Celebrate 50th Anniversary of Mazda’s First Sports Car, the Rotary-Powered Cosmo Sport 110S, in 200-Mile Event
This year, the event will celebrate the 50th anniversary of Mazda’s first sports car, the Cosmo Sport 110S, powered by a Wankel rotary engine.
- May 1, 2017Mazda Prototype team coming off of best-ever finish
After a best-ever finish on the streets of Long Beach, the Mazda Prototype team will attempt to improve on that third-place tally this weekend at the Circuit of the Americas (COTA) with the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship.
- Apr 27, 2017Mazda Racers Chasing Three Touring Car Championships
Independent Mazda racers will be challenging for drivers’ championships in the Touring Car (TC), Touring Car A (TCA) and Touring Car B (TCB) classes.
- Apr 20, 2017Silicon Valley Racer Successfully Graduates from Both Club Racing and College
This coming weekend will see Cresci make his professional race debut in the Battery Tender Global MX-5 Cup presented by BFGoodrich Tires.
- Apr 20, 2017Track-Only Exclusive Part Reduced to $3,085
Mazda Motorsports announced an adjustment in the price for the track-only, removable MX-5 Cup hardtop. The hardtop will retail for $3,085.00, reduced from the originally announced price of $4,420.00
- Apr 18, 2017Proof of Concept: Mazda Road to Indy Succeeding on Multiple Levels
Times are good for the Mazda Road to Indy (#MRTI), the most comprehensive open-wheel racing development program in the world.
- Apr 8, 2017The Soul Red No. 55 Mazda Grabs Third-Place Overall at Long Beach
The No. 55 Soul Red Mazda Prototype team earned a best-ever finish in the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship with a third-place tally at the 100-minute BUBBA burger Sports Car Grand Prix at Long Beach.
- Apr 3, 2017Mazda Prototype Team in Action Near North American Corporate Headquarters
The two-car Mazda Prototype team will compete in the 100-minute BUBBA burger Sports Car Grand Prix, Saturday at 1:05 p.m. The race can be seen live on FOX-TV, beginning at 1:00 pm Pacific Time / 4:00 pm Eastern Time.
- Mar 21, 2017Hardtop Available for Club Racers and Pirelli World Challenge Competitors
Mazda Motorsports introduced the MX-5 Global Cup race car in 2014 as nature intended: as an open-top roadster. Now, those who compete in series that require a hardtop have a factory-approved option, as today Mazda Motorsports has confirmed pricing and availability for the track-only, removable MX-5 Cup hardtop.
- Mar 13, 2017Two-car Mazda Prototype Team Aim for Overall Victory at 12 Hours of Sebring
Each of the six Mazda Prototype drivers hope to add another prominent highlight to their driving history this weekend.
- Mar 2, 2017Anthony Martin and Oliver Askew Will Both Drive Mazda Soul Red Cars
Anthony Martin and Oliver Askew, two Mazda driver development scholarship winners, will race with Cape Motorsports for the 2017 season in the Mazda Road to Indy Presented by Cooper Tires.
- Mar 2, 2017'Mazda Studio at Empire’ to Become Go-To Venue for Creative Experiences and Music Showcases
Converging on the city from March 10-19 with a complimentary ride service, activities at the outdoor stage and a first-of-its-kind Mazda-owned, official SXSW venue, Mazda hopes to reach SXSW guests who are there to learn more about brands that continue to break traditional boundaries.
- Mar 1, 2017Pro Mazda Champion Moves Up to Indy Lights
Aaron Telitz will compete in the 2017 Indy Lights Presented by Cooper Tires series with the Belardi Auto Racing team, driving the No. 9 car in Mazda’s iconic Soul Red livery.
- Feb 21, 2017Scotsman Completes Driver Trio in No. 70 Mazda Prototype
The Mazda Prototype team has added Marino Franchitti to the driver lineup for the 65th annual Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring.
- Jan 29, 2017Debut of the Mazda RT24-P race car produces 1,000 Race Laps
The 55th running of the Rolex 24 at Daytona featured thrilling finishes in three of the four classes of race cars competing in the race.
- Jan 23, 2017New Mazda RT24-Ps are Ready, as are Drivers
The dynamic and beautiful Mazda RT24-P will make its race debut this weekend at the 55th running of the Rolex 24 at Daytona.