- Mar 18, 2022CX-50 Program Manager Named Vice President of Alabama Business Unit
IRVINE, Calif. (March 18, 2022) – Mazda North American Operations (MNAO) today announced changes to its Huntsville-based Alabama Business Unit leadership, effective April 1, 2022. Taking the...
- Jan 26, 2022First Mazda Vehicle Rolls off Discovery Line at MTM
Today, Mazda North American Operations (MNAO) President and CEO Jeff Guyton drives in the first 2023 Mazda CX-50 to roll off the Discovery Line at Mazda's new Huntsville, Alabama plant. Mazda...
May 21, 2021
IRVINE, Calif. (May 21, 2021) – For more than 100 years, Mazda has successfully navigated shifting consumer needs and an ever-changing industry with beautifully designed vehicles that are fun to...
Jul 22, 2020
Starting in August, Mazda Motor Corporation will return to normal factory operations, or pre-COVID-19 levels, amid increased sales and future forecast for product demand in the U.S. In June, Mazda...
May 20, 2020
May 20, 2020 Mazda Motor Corporation would like to express our sympathy and concern for all of those who have been suffering from the novel coronavirus outbreak and extend our condolences to the...
Apr 21, 2020
As Mazda continues to evaluate and respond to conditions globally, Mazda Motor Corporation has updated its production schedules at plants around the world. In response to the state of emergency declared last week in Japan, Mazda will extend the Golden Week shut down an additional week. Plants in Japan will now close from April 27-May 10.
Mar 24, 2020
Mazda plans to suspend production for 13 days and operate daytime-only shifts for eight days at the Hiroshima Plant and Hofu Plant from March 28 to April 30. Mazda intends to transfer part of the production originally scheduled for this period to the second quarter of the fiscal year ending March 2021 or later as we monitor how the situation develops. During this period, administrative operations will be undertaken as usual.
Jul 23, 2019Plant Construction Ramps Up And Reaches New Heights And Lengths
July 23, 2019 Huntsville, Ala. (July 23, 2019) – With construction well underway on its vehicle assembly plant in Limestone County, Mazda Toyota Manufacturing, U.S.A., Inc. (MTMUS) announced...
- Jun 11, 2019
As a tribute to Huntsville’s leadership role with the U.S. space program, Mazda Toyota Manufacturing, U.S.A., Inc. (MTM) will name its two assembly lines Apollo and Discovery, respectively.
- Apr 23, 2019First Steel Beam Installation Marks Major Milestone for $1.6 Billion Facility
With the first steel column now in place, construction is well underway for Mazda Toyota Manufacturing U.S.A., Inc. (MTMUS). Team members celebrated the milestone with a small gathering at the plant site.
- Nov 16, 20184,000 jobs, $1.6 billion investment; $870,000 donated toward fueling future workforce and community
Today in Huntsville, the first shovel of dirt was turned on what will become a jointly owned-and-operated automotive production plant that will have the capacity to build 300,000 vehicles a year, beginning in 2021.
- Mar 16, 2018Mazda, ELIIY Power & Ube Industries Agree to Jointly Develop 12-Volt Lithium-ion Starter Batteries for VehiclesDeveloping Safe, Durable Lithium-ion Batteries to Replace Lead-Acid Batteries
Mazda Motor Corporation, ELIIY Power Co., Ltd. and Ube Industries, Ltd. have agreed to jointly develop lithium-ion batteries for use in automobiles.
- Mar 8, 2018
Mazda Motor Corporation and Toyota Motor Corporation have established their new joint-venture company “Mazda Toyota Manufacturing, U.S.A., Inc.” (MTMUS) that will produce vehicles in Huntsville, Alabama starting in 2021.
- Jan 17, 2018Mazda Leads Manufacturer Adjusted Fuel Economy in US Environmental Protection Agency Report for Fifth Consecutive Year
Mazda Motor Corporation has announced that the Light Duty Fuel Economy Trends Report, released by the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) on Jan. 12, 2018, lists the company as having the highest overall Manufacturer Adjusted Fuel Economy for the 2016 model year. Mazda receives the first-place ranking for the fifth year in a row.
- Jan 10, 2018Investment to reach $1.6 billion for facility that will employ up to 4,000, open in 2021
Alabama Governor Kay Ivey and Huntsville Mayor Tommy Battle joined Mazda (MZDAF) and Toyota (NYSE: TM) leaders today to announce the automakers have selected Huntsville, Alabama as the site of their new joint-venture manufacturing plant.
- Oct 16, 2017Part of efforts to meet increasing global demand for crossovers
Mazda Motor Corporation today started production of the new Mazda CX-5 crossover at its Hofu Plant No. 2 in Yamaguchi Prefecture to enable the company to meet the growing global demand for crossovers flexibly and rapidly.
- Aug 25, 2017
Mazda’s vehicle designers developed the overall look and feel of the interior of Mazda’s new HQ.
- Aug 4, 2017Signed agreement marks start of concrete collaboration aimed at creating new types of value for future mobility and achieving further sustainable growth
Toyota Motor Corporation (Toyota) and Mazda Motor Corporation (Mazda) signed an agreement today to enter a business and capital alliance, with the aim of further strengthening their lasting partnership.
- Jun 7, 2017
The all-new 2017 CX-5 was praised for its combination of value, performance, safety and family-friendly features.
- Mar 15, 2017Move will further enhance automaker’s ability to meet growing demand for SUVs globally
Mazda Motor Corporation announced today that, starting from November, it will produce the all-new Mazda CX-5 crossover SUV at Hofu Plant in Yamaguchi prefecture in addition to the Hiroshima Plant where it is currently produced.
- Dec 19, 2016Move Enhances Automaker's Ability to Meet Growing Demand for SUVs Globally
Mazda Motor Corporation announced yesterday that the company began production of the Mazda CX-3 subcompact crossover SUV yesterday at Hofu Plant No.1 in Yamaguchi, Japan.
- Nov 28, 2016
Mazda Motor Corporation started production of the all-new Mazda CX-5 crossover SUV yesterday at Ujina Plant No. 2 near the company’s global headquarters in Hiroshima. The model will go on sale in Japan in February before being rolled out to global markets.
- Oct 5, 2016
Mazda Motor Corporation started production of the 2017 Mazda MX-5 Miata RF retractable hardtop (known as Roadster RF in Japan) yesterday at Ujina Plant No.1 near its global headquarters in Hiroshima.
- May 30, 2016Twelve years and ten months since production of the model started in June 2003
The Mazda3 sets a new record for Mazda by achieving the milestone figure in only twelve years and ten months since production of the model commenced in June 2003.
- Apr 14, 2016Mazda Begins Rollout of Aqua-tech, World’s Lowest-impact Water-based Paint System, to Overseas PlantsChina’s Changan Mazda Automobile Co., Ltd., is first to get the technology
Mazda Motor Corporation announced the introduction of its unique Aqua-tech Paint System at Changan Mazda Automobile Co., Ltd., the company’s vehicle production facility in China.