- Sep 8, 2020
“After a fierce six hours of racing, we can be proud of our team at Mazda Motorsports. The No. 55 car showed our true challenger spirit and made a charge through the field with a strong second-place finish.”
May 15, 2020
May 15, 2020 “Since March, COVID-19 has significantly impacted our society and livelihood. We appreciate all those on the frontlines of this crisis, and we are pleased to honor healthcare...
Mar 19, 2020
Beginning at the next round of the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship, the pair of Mazda RT24-Ps will be operated by Multimatic Motorsports, the competition arm of Multimatic.
- Feb 3, 2020FLIS PERFORMANCE TO BUILD GLOBAL MAZDA MX-5 CUP CARS BEGINNING IN 2020 SEASON
Mazda Motorsports has selected Flis Performance as the new constructor of the Global Mazda MX-5 Cup car.
- Jan 26, 2020Jarvis, Nunez and Pla record best overall finish for Mazda at Daytona in No. 77 Mazda RT24-P
Two Mazda RT24-Ps battled over 24 hours of racing at Daytona International Speedway to record the company’s best overall finish at the Rolex 24 at Daytona.
- Jan 23, 2020Jarvis driver to second straight pole position, Bomarito third in qualifying for Rolex 24 at Daytona
For the second straight year, Oliver Jarvis has claimed pole position for the Rolex 24 at Daytona in the No. 77 Mazda RT24-P.
- Jan 21, 2020Mazda RT24-Ps looking for 24 hours of endurance racing success in Daytona
After setting the fastest time of the weekend for the Daytona Prototype international class at the Roar Before the 24, Mazda Team Joest returns to Daytona International Speedway this weekend with one goal in mind.
- Jan 5, 2020Pla takes pole position in Sunday's qualifying at Roar Before the 24
Olivier Pla and the No. 77 Mazda RT24-P set the standard for the Daytona Prototype international field in Sunday’s qualifying session at the Roar Before the 24, the annual preseason test held at Daytona International Speedway for the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship.
- Jan 2, 2020Full-season drivers return and are joined by Ryan Hunter-Reay and Olivier Pla for endurance races
Mazda Team Joest will feature a familiar lineup of drivers who will drive the pair of Mazda RT24-Ps in the 2020 IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship.
- Dec 5, 2019INDIANA NATIVE WILL RACE SOUL RED CRYSTAL GLOBAL MAZDA MX-5 CUP CAR IN 2020 SEASON
Six drivers competed in the Mazda Road to 24 Shootout on Wednesday, held at the Michelin Laurens Proving Grounds in Mountville, South Carolina, for $100,000 to compete in the 2020 Battery Tender Global Mazda MX-5 Cup presented by BFGoodrich.
- Nov 11, 2019
Mazda North American Operations announced today that motorsports industry veteran Nelson Cosgrove has been named as Director of Mazda Motorsports.
- Oct 31, 2019Drivers From Numerous Grassroots Disciplines Invited To Compete For Chance At Global Mazda Mx-5 Cup Season
The Shootout, scheduled for December 3-4 at the Michelin Laurens Proving Grounds in Mountville, South Carolina, will award the winner with a $100,000 scholarship to compete in the 2020 Battery Tender® Global Mazda MX-5 Cup presented by BFGoodrich Tires.
- Oct 10, 2019Ten hours of racing at Road Atlanta is final opportunity for Mazda to add to 2019 win tally
Ten hours of racing remain for Mazda Team Joest in the 2019 IMSA WeatherTech Sportscar Championship season, a season in which the pair of Soul Red Crystal Mazda RT24-Ps have won a combined three races.
- Oct 1, 2019MAZDA MOTORSPORTS BOOSTS CUSTOMER RACING PROGRAM WITH NEW TOURING CAR
The Mazda3 TCR will hit the racetrack as part of the 2020 IMSA Michelin Pilot Challenge, beginning with the four-hour Endurance Challenge that is part of the Rolex 24 at Daytona weekend of racingon January 26, 2020.
- Oct 1, 20192019 Global Mazda MX-5 Cup Champion to drive for Mazda Motorsports in 2020 IMSA Michelin Pilot Challenge
Bryan Ortiz, the 2019 Battery Tender® Global Mazda MX-5 Cup Presented by BFGoodrich® champion, has been named the first driver of the Mazda3 TCR.
- Sep 11, 2019After Three Consecutive Victories, Mazda Team Joest Targets More Success In Final Two Races Of The Season
Mazda Team Joest arrives at WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca for this weekend’s Monterey SportsCar Championship race as winners of the previous three IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship races.
- Jul 31, 2019Mazda Team Joest Has Occupied Top Two Steps Of Podium In Last Two Imsa Races
Mazda Team Joest is riding a wave of momentum as the team’s two Soul Red Crystal Mazda RT24-Ps and four drivers arrive at Road America in Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin for this weekend’s IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship race.
- Jul 7, 2019Oliver Jarvis and Tristan Nunez Take First IMSA Win Sunday at Canadian Tire Motorsports Park
Mazda Team Joest scored its second-straight one-two finish in the IMSA WeatherTech Sportscar Championship on Sunday afternoon at Canadian Tire Motorsports Park.
- Jun 30, 2019Mazda RT24-PS Finish First and Second at Sahlen's Six Hours of the Glen
Mazda Team Joest has won its first Daytona Prototype international race in the IMSA WeatherTech Sportscar Championship, with a dominating run that saw the Soul Red Crystal Mazda RT24-Ps finish first and second at the Sahlen’s Six Hours Of The Glen.
- Jun 27, 2019Sahlen's Six Hours of the Glen Marks Third of Four Endurance Races on 2019 IMSA Calendar
Five races remain in the 2019 IMSA WeatherTech Sportscar Championship, and this weekend’s six-hour endurance contest at the high-speed Watkins Glen International circuit represents the next opportunity for success for Mazda Team Joest.
- Jun 1, 2019Mazda Team Joest Leaves Detroit with a Nine-Place Result
A challenging weekend ended with a challenging result for Mazda Team Joest at the Sports Car Classic held on the streets of Belle Isle in Detroit, Michigan.
- May 28, 2019Mazda Team Joest Aims for One Better After Double Podium at Mid-Ohio
On the back of a strong race at the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course, where Mazda Team Joest captured pole position before finishing in second and third place in the fourth round of the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship, the team’s drivers are looking for a slightly better result this weekend.
- May 5, 2019Mazda RT24-PS Finish Second and Third and Record Fast Lap
Mazda Team Joest earned its first two podiums of the season on Sunday afternoon at the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course, when the Soul Red Crystal Mazda RT24-Ps finished a fighting second and third in the Sports Car Classic.
- Apr 26, 2019Indycar Champion and Indianapolis 500 Winner Joins Jonathan Bomarito in Debut Race for Mazda
Mazda Team Joest will welcome one of America’s top IndyCar drivers to the team as Ryan Hunter-Reay will compete for Mazda at the Sports Car Challenge at Mid-Ohio, May 3-5, at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course.
- Apr 13, 2019Jarvis and Nunez Just Miss Podium After Leading
The opening lap of Saturday afternoon’s BUBBA burger Sports Car Grand Prix at Long Beach saw both Soul Red Crystal Mazda RT24-Ps march forward through the Daytona Prototype field, as Tristan Nunez went from fifth to third in the No. 77 Mazda RT24-P while Jonathan Bomarito, in the No. 55 Mazda RT24-P, went from 11th to sixth.
- Apr 11, 2019Team Enjoys Hometown Feel of Long Beach Circuit, But Are Aiming to Capitalize
The links between Mazda North American Operations in Irvine, California and Mazda Team Joest go far beyond just the decals on the two Mazda RT24-Ps which will race in this Saturday’s BUBBA burger Sports Car Grand Prix at Long Beach.
- Mar 16, 2019Despite Setbacks, Team Sets Fast Lap of the Race and Finishes Sixth
Making it to the finish of the 12 Hours of Sebring is one of the biggest challenges in sports car racing, and despite both of its cars encountering major setbacks during the race, the cars of Mazda Team Joest made it to the finish in Saturday’s 12 Hours of Sebring.
- Mar 15, 2019Tristan Nunez Qualifies Second, Bomarito Seventh in Mazda RT24-PS
In the Friday morning qualifying session for the 12 Hours of Sebring, Tristan Nunez drove the No. 77 Mazda RT24-P to a front row starting position for the endurance racing classic.
- Mar 11, 2019Kickoff of Battery Tender Global Mazda MX-5 Cup Presented by BFGoodrich in Austin to be Shown at MazdaMotorsports.com
Continuing to bring the wheel-to-wheel action of the Battery Tender Global Mazda MX-5 Cup Presented by BFGoodrich directly to its fans, Mazda Motorsports announced today that it will stream the season-opening weekend from Circuit of The Americas.
- Jan 24, 2019Olly Jarvis Qualifies First, Jonathan Bomarito Fourth, for Rolex 24 at Daytona
Driven by Olly Jarvis, the No. 77 Mazda RT24-P went around the Daytona International Speedway road course faster than any other car in history in Thursday’s qualifying for the Rolex 24 at Daytona.
- Jan 22, 2019Mazda Team Joest Riding Momentum of Roar Before the 24 Into This Year's Endurance Classic
Mazda RT24-Ps led the way at the Roar Before the 24 at Daytona International Speedway two weeks ago when drivers Oliver Jarvis and Harry Tincknell set the quickest lap times in the weekend’s qualifying session.
- Battery Tender Global Mazda MX-5 Cup Presented by BFGoodrich Announces Schedule, $375,000 Prize Package For 2019Jan 15, 2019Series will compete alongside IndyCar Series throughout 2019 season
Mazda today announced the 2019 schedule and prize package for the 2019 Battery Tender Global Mazda MX-5 Cup presented by BFGoodrich, which will see the series compete alongside the IndyCar Series in six race weekends from March to September.
- Jan 2, 2019Endurance racing superstars join Mazda Team Joest veterans for new IMSA season
A combination of Mazda racing veterans and new faces with endurance racing pedigree will drive the Soul Red Crystal Mazda RT24-Ps in the 2019 IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship.
- Dec 3, 2018Four young drivers to compete this Friday for $100,000 Mazda scholarship
This Friday, four young race car drivers will compete for the chance to win a $100,000 scholarship to race in the 2019 Battery Tender Global Mazda MX-5 Cup presented by BFGoodrich Tires at the Mazda Road to 24 Shootout.
- Oct 15, 2018Mazda Team Joest never stops challenging en route to best result of the season
The pair of Soul Red Crystal Mazda RT24-P prototypes finished second and third in the grueling Petit Le Mans at Road Atlanta on Saturday night, securing their podium positions right as the checkered flag fell.
- Oct 12, 2018Jarvis leads Bomarito for second and third in Friday afternoon qualifying session
Oliver Jarvis and Jonathan Bomarito put in Mazda’s strongest qualifying effort of the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship season on Friday afternoon.
- Oct 11, 2018Upgrades to Global MX-5 Cup racer will provide improved competition and value
The recently-concluded Battery Tender Global Mazda MX-5 Cup championship once again showcased the unmatched value and competition that the Global Mazda MX-5 Cup platform provides in North American racing.
- Oct 9, 2018Di Grassi and Franchitti added to Mazda Team Joest lineup for season-ending endurance contest
Lucas Di Grassi and Marino Franchitti will join Mazda Team Joest for the ten-hour Petit Le Mans, the season-ending event of the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship.
- Sep 29, 2018Reger wins Race 1 as Ortiz Claims Race 2 to close out the year
Nikko Reger won the opening Battery Tender Global MX-5 Cup race of the day and then backed that victory up with a run to fourth place at Monticello Motor Club to seal the 2018 championship and the $200,000 in racing support from Mazda that comes with it.
- Sep 9, 2018Late-race incident robs Bomarito and Tincknell of Prototype victory
A dominating performance for the No. 55 Mazda RT24-P went unrewarded as Jonathan Bomarito and Harry Tincknell teamed to finish in fourth position on Sunday afternoon at the Continental Tire Monterey Grand Prix at WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca.
- Sep 6, 2018Narrow miss at Road America has team excited for Mazda RT24-P’s potential in Northern California
The next challenge for Mazda Team Joest comes at the familiar WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca, situated just east of Monterey, California.
- Aug 22, 2018Fleet of four-rotor Mazda vintage racers to be driven by modern Mazda drivers
The four Mazda North American Operations-entered race cars that will take to WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca this weekend are all different examples of Mazda’s racing history, with one common thread – they are all powered by a Mazda four-rotor engine.
- Aug 5, 2018Fuel gamble puts Mazda into lead in closing stages of Sunday afternoon’s race
Both Mazda RT24-Ps ran in the top-three of IMSA’s Prototype class during Sunday afternoon’s Continental Tire Road Race Showcase at Road America in Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin with the No. 55 Mazda RT24-P leading the race with two laps to go.
- Aug 2, 2018Marine Veteran to compete in 24-hour endurance race after osseointegration procedure
It’s been a long road to get back behind the wheel of a race car for Staff Sgt. (Ret.) Liam Dwyer, but next weekend he will return to competition in a 24-hour ChampCar race at VIRginia International Raceway behind the wheel of a Global Mazda MX-5 Cup race car.
- Aug 2, 2018Podium form at previous race leads to high hopes at Road America
Another favorite of the drivers of the IMSA WeatherTech Sportscar Championship, the Road America circuit in Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin, is the next target for the drivers of Mazda Team Joest.
- Jul 13, 201841 Mazda-powered open-wheel racers take to streets surrounding Exhibition Place in Toronto
This weekend, the three Mazda Road to Indy series take to the 1.746-mile temporary circuit around Exhibition Place in Toronto, Ontario in support of this weekend’s Verizon IndyCar Series race.
- Jul 8, 2018Mazda narrowly misses top-five at Canadian Tire Motorsports Park
Tristan Nunez and Oliver Jarvis teamed to finish in sixth place in Sunday afternoon’s IMSA Sportscar Grand Prix at Canadian Tire Motorsports Park in the No. 77 Castrol/ModSpace Mazda RT24-P.
- Jul 1, 2018Top-five finish slips away after an ill-timed caution period during six-hour contest
Sunday afternoon’s Sahlen’s Six Hours of The Glen at Watkins Glen International brought a tenth-place finish for Mazda Team Joest.
- Jun 28, 2018Mazda targets more Watkins Glen success on a very warm weekend in upstate New York
Mazda Team Joest will need to beat the Prototype competition in the IMSA WeatherTech Sportscar Championship – and near triple-digit temperatures – for six hours this weekend at the Sahlen’s Six Hours of the Glen.
- Jun 25, 2018Herta and Franzoni Split Indy Lights races, Malukas and Kirkwood sweep Pro Mazda and USF2000
As the Mazda Road to Indy made its annual pilgrimage to Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin’s Road America circuit, most of the teams loaded their transporters earlier this week with a long drive ahead of them. However, for Cooper Tires USF2000 Championship Powered by Mazda team ArmsUp Motorsports, it’s a 14-minute drive on the familiar State Road 23 and 67 before pulling through the front gates at the 63-year-old facility.