- Mar 22, 2021
QUOTES FROM MAZDA MOTORSPORTS HARRY TINCKNELL “Sebring marked another great result for the No. 55 Mazda RT24-P. Now with two races and 36 hours completed, we have a fantastic start to the season.”
Feb 12, 2021
After five years of participating in IMSA’s DPi series, Mazda is opting to end its program at the close of the 2021 season with the Motul Petit Le Mans race in October.
- Feb 1, 2021
QUOTES FROM MAZDA MOTORSPORTS HARRY TINCKNELL “This is a strong start to the season for Mazda. Every 24-hour race is full of ups and downs. While we were fastest at many points throughout the...
- Sep 8, 2020
“After a fierce six hours of racing, we can be proud of our team at Mazda Motorsports. The No. 55 car showed our true challenger spirit and made a charge through the field with a strong second-place finish.”
May 15, 2020
May 15, 2020 “Since March, COVID-19 has significantly impacted our society and livelihood. We appreciate all those on the frontlines of this crisis, and we are pleased to honor healthcare...
Mar 19, 2020
Beginning at the next round of the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship, the pair of Mazda RT24-Ps will be operated by Multimatic Motorsports, the competition arm of Multimatic.
- Feb 3, 2020FLIS PERFORMANCE TO BUILD GLOBAL MAZDA MX-5 CUP CARS BEGINNING IN 2020 SEASON
Mazda Motorsports has selected Flis Performance as the new constructor of the Global Mazda MX-5 Cup car.
- Jan 26, 2020Jarvis, Nunez and Pla record best overall finish for Mazda at Daytona in No. 77 Mazda RT24-P
Two Mazda RT24-Ps battled over 24 hours of racing at Daytona International Speedway to record the company’s best overall finish at the Rolex 24 at Daytona.
- Jan 23, 2020Jarvis driver to second straight pole position, Bomarito third in qualifying for Rolex 24 at Daytona
For the second straight year, Oliver Jarvis has claimed pole position for the Rolex 24 at Daytona in the No. 77 Mazda RT24-P.
- Jan 21, 2020Mazda RT24-Ps looking for 24 hours of endurance racing success in Daytona
After setting the fastest time of the weekend for the Daytona Prototype international class at the Roar Before the 24, Mazda Team Joest returns to Daytona International Speedway this weekend with one goal in mind.
- Jan 5, 2020Pla takes pole position in Sunday's qualifying at Roar Before the 24
Olivier Pla and the No. 77 Mazda RT24-P set the standard for the Daytona Prototype international field in Sunday’s qualifying session at the Roar Before the 24, the annual preseason test held at Daytona International Speedway for the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship.
- Jan 2, 2020Full-season drivers return and are joined by Ryan Hunter-Reay and Olivier Pla for endurance races
Mazda Team Joest will feature a familiar lineup of drivers who will drive the pair of Mazda RT24-Ps in the 2020 IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship.
- Dec 5, 2019INDIANA NATIVE WILL RACE SOUL RED CRYSTAL GLOBAL MAZDA MX-5 CUP CAR IN 2020 SEASON
Six drivers competed in the Mazda Road to 24 Shootout on Wednesday, held at the Michelin Laurens Proving Grounds in Mountville, South Carolina, for $100,000 to compete in the 2020 Battery Tender Global Mazda MX-5 Cup presented by BFGoodrich.
- Nov 11, 2019
Mazda North American Operations announced today that motorsports industry veteran Nelson Cosgrove has been named as Director of Mazda Motorsports.
- Oct 31, 2019Drivers From Numerous Grassroots Disciplines Invited To Compete For Chance At Global Mazda Mx-5 Cup Season
The Shootout, scheduled for December 3-4 at the Michelin Laurens Proving Grounds in Mountville, South Carolina, will award the winner with a $100,000 scholarship to compete in the 2020 Battery Tender® Global Mazda MX-5 Cup presented by BFGoodrich Tires.
- Oct 10, 2019Ten hours of racing at Road Atlanta is final opportunity for Mazda to add to 2019 win tally
Ten hours of racing remain for Mazda Team Joest in the 2019 IMSA WeatherTech Sportscar Championship season, a season in which the pair of Soul Red Crystal Mazda RT24-Ps have won a combined three races.
- Oct 1, 2019MAZDA MOTORSPORTS BOOSTS CUSTOMER RACING PROGRAM WITH NEW TOURING CAR
The Mazda3 TCR will hit the racetrack as part of the 2020 IMSA Michelin Pilot Challenge, beginning with the four-hour Endurance Challenge that is part of the Rolex 24 at Daytona weekend of racingon January 26, 2020.
- Oct 1, 20192019 Global Mazda MX-5 Cup Champion to drive for Mazda Motorsports in 2020 IMSA Michelin Pilot Challenge
Bryan Ortiz, the 2019 Battery Tender® Global Mazda MX-5 Cup Presented by BFGoodrich® champion, has been named the first driver of the Mazda3 TCR.
- Sep 11, 2019After Three Consecutive Victories, Mazda Team Joest Targets More Success In Final Two Races Of The Season
Mazda Team Joest arrives at WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca for this weekend’s Monterey SportsCar Championship race as winners of the previous three IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship races.
- Jul 31, 2019Mazda Team Joest Has Occupied Top Two Steps Of Podium In Last Two Imsa Races
Mazda Team Joest is riding a wave of momentum as the team’s two Soul Red Crystal Mazda RT24-Ps and four drivers arrive at Road America in Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin for this weekend’s IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship race.
- Jul 7, 2019Oliver Jarvis and Tristan Nunez Take First IMSA Win Sunday at Canadian Tire Motorsports Park
Mazda Team Joest scored its second-straight one-two finish in the IMSA WeatherTech Sportscar Championship on Sunday afternoon at Canadian Tire Motorsports Park.
- Jun 30, 2019Mazda RT24-PS Finish First and Second at Sahlen's Six Hours of the Glen
Mazda Team Joest has won its first Daytona Prototype international race in the IMSA WeatherTech Sportscar Championship, with a dominating run that saw the Soul Red Crystal Mazda RT24-Ps finish first and second at the Sahlen’s Six Hours Of The Glen.
- Jun 27, 2019Sahlen's Six Hours of the Glen Marks Third of Four Endurance Races on 2019 IMSA Calendar
Five races remain in the 2019 IMSA WeatherTech Sportscar Championship, and this weekend’s six-hour endurance contest at the high-speed Watkins Glen International circuit represents the next opportunity for success for Mazda Team Joest.
- Jun 1, 2019Mazda Team Joest Leaves Detroit with a Nine-Place Result
A challenging weekend ended with a challenging result for Mazda Team Joest at the Sports Car Classic held on the streets of Belle Isle in Detroit, Michigan.
- May 28, 2019Mazda Team Joest Aims for One Better After Double Podium at Mid-Ohio
On the back of a strong race at the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course, where Mazda Team Joest captured pole position before finishing in second and third place in the fourth round of the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship, the team’s drivers are looking for a slightly better result this weekend.
- May 5, 2019Mazda RT24-PS Finish Second and Third and Record Fast Lap
Mazda Team Joest earned its first two podiums of the season on Sunday afternoon at the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course, when the Soul Red Crystal Mazda RT24-Ps finished a fighting second and third in the Sports Car Classic.
- Apr 26, 2019Indycar Champion and Indianapolis 500 Winner Joins Jonathan Bomarito in Debut Race for Mazda
Mazda Team Joest will welcome one of America’s top IndyCar drivers to the team as Ryan Hunter-Reay will compete for Mazda at the Sports Car Challenge at Mid-Ohio, May 3-5, at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course.
- Apr 13, 2019Jarvis and Nunez Just Miss Podium After Leading
The opening lap of Saturday afternoon’s BUBBA burger Sports Car Grand Prix at Long Beach saw both Soul Red Crystal Mazda RT24-Ps march forward through the Daytona Prototype field, as Tristan Nunez went from fifth to third in the No. 77 Mazda RT24-P while Jonathan Bomarito, in the No. 55 Mazda RT24-P, went from 11th to sixth.
- Apr 11, 2019Team Enjoys Hometown Feel of Long Beach Circuit, But Are Aiming to Capitalize
The links between Mazda North American Operations in Irvine, California and Mazda Team Joest go far beyond just the decals on the two Mazda RT24-Ps which will race in this Saturday’s BUBBA burger Sports Car Grand Prix at Long Beach.
- Mar 16, 2019Despite Setbacks, Team Sets Fast Lap of the Race and Finishes Sixth
Making it to the finish of the 12 Hours of Sebring is one of the biggest challenges in sports car racing, and despite both of its cars encountering major setbacks during the race, the cars of Mazda Team Joest made it to the finish in Saturday’s 12 Hours of Sebring.
- Mar 15, 2019Tristan Nunez Qualifies Second, Bomarito Seventh in Mazda RT24-PS
In the Friday morning qualifying session for the 12 Hours of Sebring, Tristan Nunez drove the No. 77 Mazda RT24-P to a front row starting position for the endurance racing classic.
- Mar 11, 2019Kickoff of Battery Tender Global Mazda MX-5 Cup Presented by BFGoodrich in Austin to be Shown at MazdaMotorsports.com
Continuing to bring the wheel-to-wheel action of the Battery Tender Global Mazda MX-5 Cup Presented by BFGoodrich directly to its fans, Mazda Motorsports announced today that it will stream the season-opening weekend from Circuit of The Americas.
- Jan 24, 2019Olly Jarvis Qualifies First, Jonathan Bomarito Fourth, for Rolex 24 at Daytona
Driven by Olly Jarvis, the No. 77 Mazda RT24-P went around the Daytona International Speedway road course faster than any other car in history in Thursday’s qualifying for the Rolex 24 at Daytona.
- Jan 22, 2019Mazda Team Joest Riding Momentum of Roar Before the 24 Into This Year's Endurance Classic
Mazda RT24-Ps led the way at the Roar Before the 24 at Daytona International Speedway two weeks ago when drivers Oliver Jarvis and Harry Tincknell set the quickest lap times in the weekend’s qualifying session.
- Battery Tender Global Mazda MX-5 Cup Presented by BFGoodrich Announces Schedule, $375,000 Prize Package For 2019Jan 15, 2019Series will compete alongside IndyCar Series throughout 2019 season
Mazda today announced the 2019 schedule and prize package for the 2019 Battery Tender Global Mazda MX-5 Cup presented by BFGoodrich, which will see the series compete alongside the IndyCar Series in six race weekends from March to September.
- Jan 2, 2019Endurance racing superstars join Mazda Team Joest veterans for new IMSA season
A combination of Mazda racing veterans and new faces with endurance racing pedigree will drive the Soul Red Crystal Mazda RT24-Ps in the 2019 IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship.
- Dec 3, 2018Four young drivers to compete this Friday for $100,000 Mazda scholarship
This Friday, four young race car drivers will compete for the chance to win a $100,000 scholarship to race in the 2019 Battery Tender Global Mazda MX-5 Cup presented by BFGoodrich Tires at the Mazda Road to 24 Shootout.
- Oct 15, 2018Mazda Team Joest never stops challenging en route to best result of the season
The pair of Soul Red Crystal Mazda RT24-P prototypes finished second and third in the grueling Petit Le Mans at Road Atlanta on Saturday night, securing their podium positions right as the checkered flag fell.
- Oct 12, 2018Jarvis leads Bomarito for second and third in Friday afternoon qualifying session
Oliver Jarvis and Jonathan Bomarito put in Mazda’s strongest qualifying effort of the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship season on Friday afternoon.
- Oct 11, 2018Upgrades to Global MX-5 Cup racer will provide improved competition and value
The recently-concluded Battery Tender Global Mazda MX-5 Cup championship once again showcased the unmatched value and competition that the Global Mazda MX-5 Cup platform provides in North American racing.
- Oct 9, 2018Di Grassi and Franchitti added to Mazda Team Joest lineup for season-ending endurance contest
Lucas Di Grassi and Marino Franchitti will join Mazda Team Joest for the ten-hour Petit Le Mans, the season-ending event of the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship.
- Sep 29, 2018Reger wins Race 1 as Ortiz Claims Race 2 to close out the year
Nikko Reger won the opening Battery Tender Global MX-5 Cup race of the day and then backed that victory up with a run to fourth place at Monticello Motor Club to seal the 2018 championship and the $200,000 in racing support from Mazda that comes with it.
- Sep 9, 2018Late-race incident robs Bomarito and Tincknell of Prototype victory
A dominating performance for the No. 55 Mazda RT24-P went unrewarded as Jonathan Bomarito and Harry Tincknell teamed to finish in fourth position on Sunday afternoon at the Continental Tire Monterey Grand Prix at WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca.
- Sep 6, 2018Narrow miss at Road America has team excited for Mazda RT24-P’s potential in Northern California
The next challenge for Mazda Team Joest comes at the familiar WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca, situated just east of Monterey, California.
- Aug 22, 2018Fleet of four-rotor Mazda vintage racers to be driven by modern Mazda drivers
The four Mazda North American Operations-entered race cars that will take to WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca this weekend are all different examples of Mazda’s racing history, with one common thread – they are all powered by a Mazda four-rotor engine.
- Aug 5, 2018Fuel gamble puts Mazda into lead in closing stages of Sunday afternoon’s race
Both Mazda RT24-Ps ran in the top-three of IMSA’s Prototype class during Sunday afternoon’s Continental Tire Road Race Showcase at Road America in Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin with the No. 55 Mazda RT24-P leading the race with two laps to go.
- Aug 2, 2018Marine Veteran to compete in 24-hour endurance race after osseointegration procedure
It’s been a long road to get back behind the wheel of a race car for Staff Sgt. (Ret.) Liam Dwyer, but next weekend he will return to competition in a 24-hour ChampCar race at VIRginia International Raceway behind the wheel of a Global Mazda MX-5 Cup race car.
- Aug 2, 2018Podium form at previous race leads to high hopes at Road America
Another favorite of the drivers of the IMSA WeatherTech Sportscar Championship, the Road America circuit in Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin, is the next target for the drivers of Mazda Team Joest.
- Jul 13, 201841 Mazda-powered open-wheel racers take to streets surrounding Exhibition Place in Toronto
This weekend, the three Mazda Road to Indy series take to the 1.746-mile temporary circuit around Exhibition Place in Toronto, Ontario in support of this weekend’s Verizon IndyCar Series race.
- Jul 8, 2018Mazda narrowly misses top-five at Canadian Tire Motorsports Park
Tristan Nunez and Oliver Jarvis teamed to finish in sixth place in Sunday afternoon’s IMSA Sportscar Grand Prix at Canadian Tire Motorsports Park in the No. 77 Castrol/ModSpace Mazda RT24-P.
- Jul 1, 2018Top-five finish slips away after an ill-timed caution period during six-hour contest
Sunday afternoon’s Sahlen’s Six Hours of The Glen at Watkins Glen International brought a tenth-place finish for Mazda Team Joest.
- Jun 28, 2018Mazda targets more Watkins Glen success on a very warm weekend in upstate New York
Mazda Team Joest will need to beat the Prototype competition in the IMSA WeatherTech Sportscar Championship – and near triple-digit temperatures – for six hours this weekend at the Sahlen’s Six Hours of the Glen.
- Jun 25, 2018Herta and Franzoni Split Indy Lights races, Malukas and Kirkwood sweep Pro Mazda and USF2000
As the Mazda Road to Indy made its annual pilgrimage to Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin’s Road America circuit, most of the teams loaded their transporters earlier this week with a long drive ahead of them. However, for Cooper Tires USF2000 Championship Powered by Mazda team ArmsUp Motorsports, it’s a 14-minute drive on the familiar State Road 23 and 67 before pulling through the front gates at the 63-year-old facility.
- Jun 23, 2018
John Dean II swept The Battery Tender Global Mazda MX-5 Cup presented by BFGoodrich weekend at Road America with a second victory on Saturday, but his path to victory on Saturday was much more crowded than it was the day before.
- Jun 22, 2018
While the field jockeyed for every inch of racetrack behind him, polesitter John Dean II went flag-to-flag in Friday’s Battery Tender Global Mazda MX-5 Cup presented by BFGoodrich race at Road America.
- Jun 2, 2018Progress through the field is unrewarded after Jarvis runs as high as fourth place
Mazda Team Joest had a challenging IMSA Sports Car Classic on Belle Isle in Detroit, Michigan on Saturday afternoon as the team came away from the 100-minute race with a ninth-place finish.
- May 30, 2018Mazda Team Joest Looks To Build On Momentum After Mid-Ohio Podium
Mazda Team Joest hit a significant milestone at the last IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship round at Mid-Ohio, when the No. 77 Castrol / ModSpace Mazda RT24-P driven by Oliver Jarvis and Tristan Nunez finished on the podium for the first time since the rebooted program hit the track this season.
- May 29, 2018
As the USF2000 and Pro Mazda Championships made their return to Lucas Oil Raceway for the Carb Night Classic, up in the grandstands a familiar face was watching the action from above with a serious interest on the outcome of the race. Wisconsin’s Aaron Telitz won the Freedom 75 USF2000 race at the same track in 2014 and wanted to cheer on the up-and-coming Mazda Road to Indy drivers and teams as they took to the 0.6-mile short oval.
- May 24, 2018Forty-two young drivers are aiming to get one step closer to the Indianapolis 500
With the eyes of the motorsports world on Indianapolis, Indiana this weekend, there are 42 young drivers competing for their chance to ascend to open-wheel racing’s grandest stage – the Indianapolis 500.
- May 7, 2018Oliver Jarvis and Tristan Nunez team to finish third and score first IMSA podium for Mazda Team Joest
Mazda Team Joest broke through to record its best result of the season on Sunday afternoon at the IMSA Sports Car Challenge at the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course.
- May 1, 2018Spencer Pigot rejoins team after season-best finish for Mazda at Long Beach
After its best finish of the season at the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship race on the Streets of Long Beach, Mazda Team Joest is looking to build upon that momentum at this weekend’s IMSA Sports Car Challenge at the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course in Lexington, Ohio.
- Apr 10, 2018Sim racing competition bridges the gap between race fans, sim racers and Mazda Motorsports
Mazda Motorsports will give race fans and online racers the chance to get behind the wheel and on track with the Mazda Hot Lap Challenge. Kicking off this weekend at the Grand Prix of Long Beach, the Mazda Hot Lap Challenge will provide the winner a test in a Global Mazda MX-5 Cup car.
- Mar 22, 2018Races from Circuit of The Americas to be broadcast worldwide
This weekend, Mazda will bring the excitement of the Battery Tender Global MX-5 Cup presented by BFGoodrich Tires to fans around the world with a livestream of the season opening races at Circuit of The Americas in Austin, Texas.
- Mar 18, 2018Mazda RT24-P contends for victory until closing stages of endurance racing classic
Until the final pit stop of the 66th Mobil 1 12 Hours of Sebring, the No. 55 Mazda RT24-P driven by Jonathan Bomarito, Spencer Pigot and Harry Tincknell was closing in on a potential victory at the famed circuit.
- Mar 13, 2018On-track action only half of the fun at Sebring for Mazda Motorsports fan
While the pair of Mazda RT24-P DPi’s that will compete in the 66th Annual Mobil 1 12 Hours of Sebring will bring excitement for the trackside fans, Mazda will provide its fans additional excitement off the track during the three-day race weekend.
- Mar 13, 2018Mazda RT24-Ps aiming to follow Mazda’s legacy at 12 Hours of Sebring
In the six weeks that have followed the Rolex 24 at Daytona, Mazda Team Joest has maintained the flat-out pace that the Mazda RT24-Ps showed in the season opener of the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship.
- Jan 28, 2018Both No. 55 and No. 77 Mazda RT24-P’s show speed but retire before finish of Rolex 24 at Daytona
The Mazda RT24-Ps demonstrated a major leap forward in competitiveness at Daytona International Speedway, but unfortunately both cars retired before the finish of this weekend’s Rolex 24 at Daytona, the first round of the 2018 IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship.
Jan 26, 2018Jonathan Bomarito Showcases Team's Progress Qualifying Only 0.550-Seconds Behind Pole Position
Demonstrating the progress that Mazda Team Joest has undertaken since the team’s announcement in July, Jonathan Bomarito qualified the No. 55 Mazda RT24-P DPi in ninth position in the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship Prototype class for the Rolex 24 at Daytona.
- Jan 23, 2018Rethink of Mazda Prototype program faces first test at Rolex 24 at Daytona
In any circumstance, the Rolex 24 at Daytona is the biggest challenge teams racing in the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship will face. Straight out of the gate the teams are faced with the longest race of the season at the first race.
- Dec 21, 2017Oregon and Ohio Return to the Schedule. First Visit to Monticello
The schedule features four INDYCAR weekends, including a return to the popular Portland International Raceway, in Portland, Oregon, for the first time since 2008.
- Dec 10, 2017Keith Donegan and Selin Rollan Win $300,000 in Mazda Scholarships
Keith Donegan of Dublin, Ireland and Selin Rollan of Orlando, Florida earned Mazda driver development scholarships this weekend at the Bondurant Racing School circuit in a pair of competitions among young, championship-winning racers.
- Nov 28, 2017Six Drivers Will Pilot Two Mazda RT24-P Prototypes
Mazda Motorsports has announced the team of drivers that will pilot the two Mazda RT24-P race cars in the 2018 IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar
- Nov 22, 201712th Year For the Biggest Prize in Grassroots Road Racing
Mazda has confirmed four finalists for the 12th annual Mazda Road to 24 Shootout.
- Nov 7, 2017Inspirational Racer Headed to Surgery is Inspired by Words from Competitors
Mazda racer Liam Dwyer is currently at the Walter Reed Army Medical Center, recovering from intensive but successful surgery on his right leg.
- Nov 3, 2017
This post-season shootout will award a $100,000 Mazda Motorsports scholarship to compete in the 2018 Battery Tender Global Mazda MX-5 Cup presented by BFGoodrich Tires.
- Oct 23, 2017Five Mazda Racers Claim Championships During Sebring Weekend
Mazda racers scored five wins on a hot, humid, and occasionally rainy Sunday in Florida, as the National Auto Sport Association (NASA) concluded its season-ending championship weekends with the Eastern States Championships presented by Toyo Tires at historic Sebring International Raceway.
- Oct 14, 2017Over 150 passes in 90 minutes of racing as field fought for $120,000 payout
Gallagher started from third in both races. A second place finish in Race One and victory in Race Two combined to earn him the overall weekend prize of $75,000.
- Oct 11, 201729 Car Spec Miata Race Highlights Thunderhill Weekend
The 2017 NASA Western States Championships presented by Toyo Tires will be remembered as the year of the fire.
- Oct 5, 2017Dwyer Will Wear Helmet Design of the Late Mazda Racer Yoshimi Katayama
Yoshimi Katayama was a Mazda factory driver for nearly three decades, and he traversed the world as the embodiment of Mazda’s “Never Stop Challenging” ethos.
- Oct 1, 2017Mazda Racers Take Home Five Championships at 54th Annual Event
Mazda racers were once again in the thick of the battle, and earned five championships.
- Sep 28, 2017300 Racers Chasing Championships and the Mazda Road to 24
Among the entries are approximately 300 Mazda-powered race cars, more than any other brand competing.
- Sep 28, 2017Additional Cash Awards Added to International Shootout
MX-5 Cup partners PAGID Racing and BFGoodrich Tires are each sponsoring $5,000 prizes, so the winner could now pick up a total of $85,000.
- Sep 28, 2017Patrick Gallagher earns $200,000 Mazda Road to 24 Scholarship
Emerging as the 2017 Global Mazda MX-5 champion was Patrick Gallagher. The 24-year old Gallagher, from Thornville, Ohio, drove his No. 29 McCumbee McAleer MX-5 to eight race wins.
- Battery Tender Global Mazda MX-5 Cup presented by BFGoodrich Tires Returns to Mazda Raceway Laguna SecaSep 21, 2017$50,000 for top rookie up for grabs as series closes season at home track
The 2017 Global Mazda MX-5 Cup season has been nothing short of remarkable as it heads to its 2017 finale this weekend at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca in Monterey, California, where $50,000 in prize money is on the line for the season’s highest-scoring rookie.
- Aug 28, 2017The Mazda Road to Indy Will Crown Three Champions This Week at Watkins Glen
More than $2 million in Mazda driver development scholarships will be earned this weekend at the season finale for the 2017 Mazda Road to Indy season.
- Jul 24, 2017Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course Results Have Huge Championship Implications
With the Mazda Road to Indy (#MRTI) nearing the end of the 2017 season, the three series will compete in seven races this weekend at the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course.
- Jul 18, 2017New Mazda Prototype Team Will Debut in 2018
Mazda Motorsports begins a new era today with the creation of Mazda Team Joest, which will be the factory Mazda Prototype race team competing in the North American IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship under Daytona Prototype international (DPi) rules.
- Jul 9, 2017Mazdas Finish Fourth and Fifth at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park
The Mazda Prototype team continued a run of strong finishes with a pair of top-five tallies today at the Mobil 1 Sportscar Grand Prix for the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park.
- Jul 3, 2017Mazda Prototype Team Striving for Third Consecutive Podium Finish
The Mazda Prototype team rolls into Canadian Tire Motorsport Park (CTMP) outside of Toronto this weekend for the Mobil 1 Sportscar Grand Prix.
- Jul 2, 2017Second-straight Third-Place Finish for Mazda Team
The No. 55 Mazda Prototype car was never the fastest on the race track at Watkins Glen International for the Sahlen’s Six Hours of the Glen, but with nearly flawless execution by the drivers and pit crew and an ever-improving car, they finished third in the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship race today.
- Jun 29, 2017Summer Advertising Spot Highlights Why Drivers Chose Mazda During ‘Market Research Clinic’
The new advertising spot, debuting on July 1, 2017, will feature luxury vehicle owners who unknowingly choose a Mazda vehicle over premium brands after a blind test drive.
- Jun 26, 2017Pigot and Franchitti Join the Mazda Prototype Team This Weekend
Coming off a podium finish at the Grand Prix of Detroit, the Mazda Prototype team carries confidence into the Sahlen’s Six Hours of the Glen at the iconic Watkins Glen International circuit this weekend.
- Jun 6, 2017Global MX-5 Cup Car Leading the Charge in TCA
In total, Mazda racers have earned 16 of 18 podium positions in the TCA class and are leading the drivers, team, and manufacturers championships after six of 12 races.
- Jun 3, 2017Prototype Drivers Tom Long and Joel Miller Earn First Podium Finish
This marks a third consecutive top-three finish for Mazda on street circuits, dating back to this event last season. The sister car, the No. 55 Soul Red Mazda, finished fifth with drivers Jonathan Bomarito and Tristan Nunez.
- May 30, 2017Street Battle on Tap at Belle Isle
At last year’s Chevrolet Detroit Grand Prix presented by Lear at the Belle Isle Street Course, the Mazda Prototype team scored third- and fourth-place finishes in the Prototype class.
- May 15, 2017Love Letters In Honor of Mother’s Day
While race car drivers tend to get all of the glory, Mazda wanted to focus a spotlight on their moms for Mother’s Day.
- May 1, 2017Mazda Prototype team coming off of best-ever finish
After a best-ever finish on the streets of Long Beach, the Mazda Prototype team will attempt to improve on that third-place tally this weekend at the Circuit of the Americas (COTA) with the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship.
- Apr 27, 2017Mazda Racers Chasing Three Touring Car Championships
Independent Mazda racers will be challenging for drivers’ championships in the Touring Car (TC), Touring Car A (TCA) and Touring Car B (TCB) classes.
- Apr 20, 2017Silicon Valley Racer Successfully Graduates from Both Club Racing and College
This coming weekend will see Cresci make his professional race debut in the Battery Tender Global MX-5 Cup presented by BFGoodrich Tires.
- Apr 20, 2017Track-Only Exclusive Part Reduced to $3,085
Mazda Motorsports announced an adjustment in the price for the track-only, removable MX-5 Cup hardtop. The hardtop will retail for $3,085.00, reduced from the originally announced price of $4,420.00